Author Topic: Gearbox Engine mounts  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Mark Millington

Gearbox Engine mounts
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:32:24 am »
Hello fellas

Does anyone know where you can buy new engine and gearbox mounts from as think mine are worn as gearbox/Engine move about quite a bit. Mainly I think rear gearbox mount. Been looking but having trouble finding right ones

Thanks Mark

Offline Mark Millington

Re: Gearbox Engine mounts
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:45 pm »
Thanks mate those the standard ones? Are they the same bush for all 3 mounts then?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:01 am »
The same bush is used for the charger to chassis mount and the transmission to transmission tunnel mount.

You can also use a Golf G60 mount (it's the same dimensions) should you want to get a polyurethane version.

Look up my username if you want to know more, I posted about it not long ago.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 12:26:07 pm »
Its the same bush for all three mounts.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 03:32:11 pm »
As an off the shelf part it isn't. Unless you press the bush in yourself. I assumed he wants to just buy and fit it.

I destroyed my original Polo mounts trying to press new bushes in so gave up and just bought them. Still got the third one to do though.

Original Polo bush part number (just the bush itself); 867 199 383 A

Original Polo complete bush, Supercharger mount; 867 199 302 A

Original Polo complete bush, Transmission (front) mount; 867 399 301 A

Original Polo complete bush, Rear (transmission tunnel) mount; 867 199 323 A

Source; https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1991-120/1/199-20000/

Original Golf Mk2 G60 (PG engine code) transmission to chassis leg mount (will fit in place for the G40 charger-chassis leg mount and the rear-transmission tunnel mount); 357 199 381 C

Source: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf/go/1991-110/1/199-64010/#18
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:38:17 pm by ereeiz »

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 05:19:11 pm »
Thanks mate that's some great info appreciate it. I contacted max rpm but couldn't make sense of the email back. Talking about something being 65 or 80 not sure what they meant. Are the rubbers a pain to fit then?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 09:58:29 am »
The 65 or 80 will be the hardness of the bush. The scale is 0-100, 100 being hard, 0 being soft. Generally, from past experience, standard rubber bushes tend to be about 40 shore, with polyurethane replacements generally 60 for "uprated" or 80 for "hard".

If it's a track car I'd say go for 80. If you plan on road driving I would say 65. Harder isn't always better. Yes, it will provide less movement being harder but it will also transmit a broader range of frequencies from the engine to the shell and on to you. You may find holding it at certain revs will make the car vibrate where it didn't before and vice versa, this would all be tuned out in modern cars by NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) where, long story short, they stick microphones on the body, measure frequencies and generally stick on lumps of metal to counteract the frequency and dampen it. I've never seen any on a Polo though so maybe just bung more sound deadening in if it's an issue.

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 03:00:28 pm »
Nice one have ordered the 65 shore ones come with most of the mount fitted to them so should be as much hassle to change them out tried uploading some pics but said file was to large. Ended up ordering a full hose kit in black leads plugs intercooler hoses pretty expensive day but most of this stuff has been overlooked on this motor so guna do these bits right including having done the rad,sensors,charger belts dizzy cap and arm water bottle etc etc. Then I can focus on the bodywork

Thanks for your help man.

Mark

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 11:56:07 am »
No worries. That's the exact reason I just bought them, no point fucking about with fatigued old metal trying to press £3 bushes in when you can just buy a nice new one for not a lot more and stick it in within 5 seconds.