Author Topic: Top mount suggestions?  (Read 3923 times)

Offline charlieg

• Members
Top mount suggestions?
« on: March 02, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »
Hi all,

Just after some suggestions for alternative top mounts, I have been fitting standard parts for the last few years and due to the car being lowered they seem to be a yearly service item.

I'm potentially looking at the Maxrpm adjustable camber top mounts, has anyone used these or suggest an alternative that is a little more hardy them standard fitment parts?

Kind regards
Charlie

Offline JoeH

• Members
Re: Top mount suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 06:34:16 pm »
I run febi bilstein ones and got 40k out of them,

How did you determine they are knackered each year? What sort of mileage you doing? how hard is your sus kit?

Offline charlieg

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:40:24 am »
Hi Joe,

I run a Weitec spring and shock kit lowered to 60mm and the suspension is extremely firm. The reason why I know there knackered is because the suspension top hats have an excessive gap to the top of the turrets.

Kind regards
Charlie

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:40:25 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen a polo without a space between the shell and top hat.

1. What's the gap when you fit them (after they've settled, ie driven off the ramp and turned left/ right a few times to let it settle)
2. What's the gap after a year / when you remove them?

Be worth asking the manufacturer if that's normal, you may find they'll give you a load for free.

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 04:08:38 pm »
I run Audi 80 top mounts and modified castle nuts.

Benifit is that you can get uprated top mounts and as original they are designed for a heavier car

Went from being a service item on mine to lasting a few years