Classifieds > Cars for sale

Genuine G40 - K488 YRP *90K MILES*

(1/1)

alexmac738:
Posting here to see if there is any interest in my 1992 (K reg) Polo G40. *ORIGINAL 90K MILES*

MOT until 16/11/18

This is a clean example with the only bit of rust that I can spot on the tailgate under the glass.
The car has had a respray at some point in it's life and it's not amazing. The finish of the paint is okay, however it looks as though the prep work wasn't done to the highest standard as the paint is starting to come off around the edges of the driver's door and on the sunroof.
There is also a slight dent on the passenger's side wing.
Tailgate doesn't open from the outside, button doesn't seem to be connected to the latch itself. You are able to open it from the inside though.
The interior could do with some TLC, passenger seat and rear bench are original material but could do with a clean, stitching is also starting to come away on the rear bench but should be an easy fix if you're taking the material off to clean it anyway. Driver's seat is not the original, apparently the original seat broke and it was replaced with a standard polo seat but I have the material from the original if you would like to swap the material over. Door cards could also use some straightening.
The engine is all original as far as I can tell. Supercharger had a Stage 2 service by JabbaSport at 86k miles. Oil pump, pick up, crank seal and baffle plate all done around 4k miles ago. Timing belt kit also fitted around 4k miles ago.
New fuel tank was fitted around the same time along with the fuel pumps and filter.
Master cylinder replaced around June last year.
Discs and Pads replaced in December along with a caliper (all Pagid). Have new brake shoes, fitting kit and handbrake cables (all Pagid except fitting kit) for the rear brakes but haven't gotten round to doing it yet. (Need to order another handbrake cable due to only ordering one). Two advisories on current MOT were due to the handbrake and the rear registration plate being deteriorated (since been replaced).
Recently replaced the headlight switch and fog light switch.
Rear heated windscreen doesn't work for some reason... tried replacing the switch but still won't work.
Full stainless exhaust fitted last year and sounds good, not too loud at all.
The car has BBS RA's which are in very good condition, tyres are also good.

Looking at the MOT history, the car was off the road between 2008 and 2016 so it has only covered around 5,000 miles in 10 years which is very hard to find nowadays. I have been using the car as my daily since I got it in November and it runs well, it hasn't missed a beat apart from a stalling issue that has since been resolved.
Genuine reason for sale: I got rid of my MK2 Golf GTI 16V for this car and I miss it too much, also the car is too small for me as I am 6'3" so I need something slightly bigger.

The car is located in Preston, Lancashire and I'd be happy to facilitate viewings.
Looking for offers around £3800. Will consider swaps/px with cash my way.
I'd be more than happy to send pictures or answer any questions you may have. Please e-mail me at alexmac738@gmail.com or ring me on 07483883415. I've tried posting pictures on here but it won't let me for some reason so please contact me for more info.

alexmac738:
NOW SOLD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version