Author Topic: Removal of boost return mod  (Read 3431 times)

Offline AxA

• Members
Removal of boost return mod
« on: July 15, 2017, 12:42:09 pm »
Hello and hope someone can help,

I want to remove the boost return mod and revert to standard. The car also has a jabba induction kit that i assume can remain in place as part of the reversal?

I have a box full of all the original parts that were removed to enable the mod but have no idea how to undertake this reversal and which parts are required to go where and so on. The forums do have guides on how to complete the mod in the first place but with no images, hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Removal of boost return mod
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:27:23 am »
if you use google image search to search for g40 engine there's loads of pictures of the standard setup.  Does that help?  Should just be a case of clipping the two standard pipes back on.  Then sorting out whatever has been done with your oil breather (probably need to remove the catch tank and connect the oil breather pipe back to the boost pipe).

Offline AxA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 07:06:03 pm »
Many thanks Hayesey,

I have tried using the best engine bay images but they don't show the hidden bits. I have attached 3 images of my engine bay and 2 of the parts i have. I have also found a clear pipe that is attached the the drivers side inner wing and open vented to the floor so not sure what this is but taken a picture for you to see. 1 of the images attached appears to be the original air box and other bits that i have no idea about the other is the boost pipes and other parts that again i have no idea about. If you could let me know what each of the parts are that would be excellent and even better if you could tell me where to put them to reverse the boost return. I also have the jabba induction kit and hope this can stay in place and not have to be replaced as part of the boost return.
Cheers,
Neil

Offline AxA

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:08:30 pm »
Sorry Hayesey only attached 1 image for some reason so here are the other 4.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 07:39:29 pm »
Try looking at these diagrams. Should help with the jigsaw. There are various on the site of different aspects of the vacuum systems etc.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/PO/year/1990/drive_standart/9/hg_ug/133/subcategory/16060/part_id/3707271/lang/e

If you want to sell the intake ducting to the original air box; I'd be interested.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:42:09 pm by randombadger69 »

Offline AxA

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »
Thats great many thanks. No intention of selling anything at mo, im prepping for a refurb and then to show it. If anything changes ill let you know.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 08:54:46 am »
the clear pipe is the fuel tank breather.  It connects to the top of the charcoal canister which is the black cylindrical thing in one of your pictures.

The black flying-saucer thing with a small filter attached to it is the one way valve for the oil breather, it attaches to the oil separator on the back of the engine block and then the oil breather pipe attaches to that.  The small filter isn't needed, take that off.