Author Topic: Exhaust Manifolds  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Lewis

• Members
Exhaust Manifolds
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:40:59 pm »
Hi Guys,

So after not owning a G40 for around 4/5 years I've deceived to take the plunge again and buy another, much to the misses' disgust.

The car I've gone for is spot on as far as the engine goes, mod wise everything I would do barring a change in exhaust manifold.

What options are out there other than the PPP manifolds?

Thanks in advance.

Lewis.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
Re: Exhaust Manifolds
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 06:00:13 am »
Hot tuning make a 1 3/4" exit manifold. The charger mounting bracket needs the vertical mounting cutting off it in order to fit the manifold and even then cyl.1 runner is right up against the charger casing.

Ashley might make one.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 01:47:40 pm »
TA Technix do one. It's shit, cracked all up and down the 4-2 and 2-1 parts.

I have one, about to remove and replace with a PPP one. I was in your position but just bit the bullet and got a PPP manifold in the end as I've NEVER heard or read anything bad about them. Up to you really but I would spend the extra, the TA one is a shit fit and was a right bastard to get to fit alright. Trouble is there's a supercharger there so nothing is ever great.

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-polo-mk1-3-86-86c/intake-exhaust/vw-polo-86c-incl-g40-ta-technix-exhaust-manifold.html

*I'd previously written FK automotive, I always mix them up. It's TA Technix I had tats cracked.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:53:04 pm by ereeiz »

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:38 pm »
Hahahahba, forgot I even left a review on there about it!

Offline polo classic

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 07:39:32 am »
I have a Supersprint on mine. I would go for a Tezet if I where to do it again

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 08:46:46 pm »
The tezet one listed on max rpm looks pretty much identical to a hot tuning manifold; but a shit load more cash!

Having fucked about getting a hot tuning one to fit (welding in a lamda boss etc), I've bought a PPP one to replace it with at some point. Just need to fit exhaust, weld on a flange; then get it ceramic coated.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:49:19 pm by randombadger69 »

Offline polo classic

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 11:17:52 am »
Of course they look similar, they are for the same application. I'd say it is easier to get the Tezet to fit around the charger and teh anti roll bar