Author Topic: Boost Return Mod Setup  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Alexis

• Members
Boost Return Mod Setup
« on: June 25, 2017, 10:13:41 pm »
I've followed the guide for the BRM, but having problems when idling once warmed up. Took a photo to make sure all the vacuum pipes are in the right place. Anyone see anything wrong or I can improve?

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
Re: Boost Return Mod Setup
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:55:42 am »
I don't run that filter you have on and also looks like your brake fluid reservoir needs a new cap on it.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:21:28 pm »
You can (if you like) run the BRV (Boost Return Valve) to a bottle to catch the oil that will be fired out of there. Or don't. I never do, bit more corrosion protection ;) I also actually like the smell of oil and stuff, all part of the joy of driving old cars or me.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:54:01 pm »
If you run that outlet of the top hat into a bottle, it will certainly blast any oil in it out of it and will go everywhere.

Personally, loose the filter as that could be causing a slight back pressure causing a rough idle. Try it with it off and see what happens.

The main thing to have blanked off is the vac line out of the throttle body and the small line that runs from the ā€™sā€™ shape hose that links manifold to the ISV.

Make sure you have a nice 25mm pipe coming off the crank breather to atmosphere, bottle or better a catch tank.