Author Topic: Insurance car cost cover  (Read 2349 times)

Offline RyanC

• Members
Insurance car cost cover
« on: April 16, 2017, 03:17:07 pm »
Hi Chaps,
I've been building my car over the last 5 years. I've rebuilt it from the ground up as some of you will know, costing me a considerable amount of money on a car that i bought for £1500 ,The car is insured all fine but to get the cover to cover the cars full price including the money I have spent on the car on parts they want a copy of my history of the items i have purchased obviously this is a lot of paper work to copy I'd be there all year, and some  receipts I don't have. Have any of you been in the same situation to get the full cost of the  car covered? Or have you just covered the car at its normally price and hope nothing happens?

Cheers

Ryan

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
Re: Insurance car cost cover
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:34:44 pm »
I've got mine covered for about half what it actually owes me, As I bought a lot of my parts from failed projects and also took parts from cars that I've stripped. So I have very little receipts so prove anything.
It is still on an agreed value policy with all the modifications declared, but I've just got to hope and pray if the worse does happen I can salvage enough to rebuild it and not be too much out of pocket.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: Insurance car cost cover
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:20:26 pm »
Talk to HiC, they may be a little more pricey on occasion, the average phone call is always 22 mins for me bizarrely, but they offer agreed valuation and don't require receipts. They didn't for me a year ago anyway, just want a list of mods, approx. price of each and that's it. I had to cancel my policy as I lost my NCB and fucked about by my previous insurer. Just coming up to 1NCB now so will be driving it again soon and will have to go through what you are, I reckon I'll just go with HiC though, they have always been brilliant for me in the past.