Author Topic: Still have a starting issue  (Read 6170 times)

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Still have a starting issue
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 02:17:23 pm »
What injectors are you using? It might be overfueling or it may be something electrical. Take the spark-plugs out and check them. I would start from there!

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 02:27:42 pm »
G60 golf rally injectors.i put them on as I was running to much boost and not enough fuel at one point.checked plugs they are abit black but not herendous car could do with a service if I'm honest

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 07:57:14 pm »
I assume you did remap the ecu to use the G60 injectors. just dropping them in will let the car idle but will overfuel the hell out of it. Black plugs mean too much fuel or not enough spark.

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 10:56:34 pm »
If the ECU isn't seeing over 12v it will run like a bag of shit, they are quite picky like that.
It sounds like you have either a charging issue or the coil is failing. Possibly a combination of the two.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 11:03:51 am »
The car has been chipped with everything that has been added to the car performance wise I had it made for me at ppp years back.i think after Christmas I shall replace the alternator and coil as people seem to be suggesting they could well be the problem here