Author Topic: G40 Rally car  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Bil

G40 Rally car
« on: November 16, 2016, 07:08:55 am »
Hello everyone! I've recently purchase a G40 converted to rally car. Well, modification made on the car is bigger fuel injectors and smaller compressor pulley and super chip to rave more.
Could you guys help me out giving me tips about how i can improve the car performance?

Offline vwgillybilly

• Members
Re: G40 Rally car
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 08:30:11 am »
Maybe give it a glowstick too?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 09:53:48 am »
Hi Bil,

Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like an interesting choice for a rally car, do you have any pictures?

I would probably say the next step in tuning would be to get the charger serviced and ported at the same time.  Then look at improving the induction side, so removing the standard airbox for a higher flowing filter, then improving the exhaust.  Are you using the car for rallying still?

Offline Bil

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 10:45:34 am »

Offline Bil

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 10:46:09 am »

Offline Bil

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 11:01:20 am »
Hey thank you Heyesey.... Well..ive uploaded some pictures and hope that can suit you. Im not really used to forums so i'm just a but confused and still trying to figure out how everything works here.  Anyways... well... some of your advice has really been followed like exhaust has been improved and air filter has been changed as well.. you can see in the picture.
What you mean but charger service and ported? well i don't really understand those terms as I am in Mauritius and we don't really use these terms could you please explain. and if you need pictures of specific places of the car please tell me ill send you.
thank you again for your advice and welcome. Is there a website where i can order spare parts online for G40? like modified gear box or rally coil-over?

Offline vwgillybilly

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 12:17:02 pm »
Respect running a G in Mauritius, I just looked at a map to remind me how remote it is. Out of interest was the car an original G40 & originally delivered to Mauritius? It must be one of the remotest Gs in the world.

I'd say the main source of parts will be ebay & the usual places like Jabbasport.  More pics would be helpful - the car looks pretty hardcore & seems to have some modifications e.g. boost return already done.

Cheers.

Gill.