Author Topic: Temperature gauge  (Read 3728 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Temperature gauge
« on: August 22, 2016, 12:54:17 pm »
My temperature gauge has suddenly stopped working.ive not touched anything my g has just come back from it's mot and suddenly my temp gauge has decided to stop working.does anybody know where the sensor is so I can see if anything has broken down or if there is any issues.many thanks as always Matt

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
Re: Temperature gauge
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:41:31 am »
The temp gauge gets its signal from the black temp sender on the thermostat housing. Is your fuel gauge working too? My GT has a strange issue where the temp and fuel gauge will both stop working for a while then suddenly without even touching anything they will come back. This has lead me to believe the temp and fuel gauge share a circuit, but I have no idea as to why they stop working so randomly.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 10:57:14 am »
Does anybody have a spare temperature switch or know where I can buy one from as Vw say they are no longer available to buy.so I no longer have a temperate gauge and I hate not knowing how hot or cold my g is.if anybody has any advice please let me know thanks in advance.oh and I really don't want to fit an aftermarket temp gauge I'd rather get the original going from possible.

Offline Sknight92

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 10:22:48 pm »
Gsf sell them for about £8 each. Replace the blue one while you're there.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 07:37:38 am »
Dude you are a life saver thank you ever so much you have made my weekend

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 08:01:04 am »
If it turns out that the gauge itself is broken, the temperature and fuel gauges are a plug in module in the clocks that can easily be changed.

Offline Sknight92

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »
Where can I get a module from mate? My temperature needle hardly rises!

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 07:53:09 am »
You will need to get a spare set of clocks and dismantle them to get the combined temperature/fuel module. I think that bit will be the same across all Mk3 Polo models.