Author Topic: K03 hybrids  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Pete@Harrisons

• Painting bits n stuff
K03 hybrids
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:15:54 am »
Hi chaps,
Am new to here so not sure if anyone has covered this topic before but was wondering if anyone has experimented with K03 hybrids..?
I'm converting my G40 set up to turbo and am looking into what K03 to get (passat A4 type of course)  as my background is tuning 1.8t's and I have a good contact for tweaked K03's, I wondered about fitting one, the company can do cut back blades, RS6 internals etc, he's going to come back to me on which he thinks will be best for my application just thought it might be interesting to see what power I could achieve..!
Anybody got any thoughts or experience on this..?
Thanks guys..! :)

Offline polo classic

• Members
Re: K03 hybrids
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:17:02 am »
Some how I want buy this one

http://www.xs-power.com/turbos-81.htm

And yes I know, XS-power/SSAutochrome have put out a lot of crap previously, including glued together turbos som 8-10 years ago

Offline Pete@Harrisons

• Painting bits n stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:23:59 pm »
Great, thanks for the feedback, will look into it, good price too thanks again..!  :)

Offline POLO_P

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 10:21:41 am »
I'm thinking of doing a hybrid conversion on my ko3 as well. Was going to send it off to a company that I use to use for Turbos at my previous job. They said they can do it by machining the housings and fitting a RS6 Compressor wheel. The company is called Universal turbos and were very reliable when we used them, keeping in mind that we used to source upto 5 a week.

Who would be interested in a group buy. I can get prices if need be but it would mean having to send your unit off to them yourselves but hopefully at a discounted rate if there are enough of us.

Also, has anyone run a hybrid ko3 on their polo? What Power did it make?

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 01:24:06 am »
interested in a hybrid depending if the cost is worth it obviously.

Offline Arseniy12

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 12:43:37 pm »
I would be interested, price dependant. something with a looser housing would be nice so its not so choked up at the top of the RPM range.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 12:47:40 pm »
Might want to check  the date on that, he offered the group buy option 14 months ago! ;)

Offline Agent47

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »
Hybrids are cool! I use a Subaru 13t with a 19t compressor housing. Barely any difference in spool up time and so much better above 5000rpm. Pretty easy to do yourself if you can get hold of the bits.