Author Topic: Stereo wiring harness  (Read 2868 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Stereo wiring harness
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:36:51 am »
Has anyone ever had problems finding Stereo wiring harness?im trying to find one for my Sony stereo with an iPhone port and Bluetooth but seem to be hitting a brick wall as usual.all as I seem to find is anything after a 2004 reg polo.the adapter that came with the stereo Doest match up at all got no power or sound coming from speakers so I need a different harness.my buddy owns a sound store and even he can't find one so again of anyone has any ideas please feel free to share thanks as always Matt

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Stereo wiring harness
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:41:59 am »
what car are you talking about?

a 1991-1994 polo should just have normal ISO connectors like these:

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 09:50:57 am »
and stereos tend to come with a harness with an ISO connector on one end and the connector for the back of the head unit on the other end.  The harness will usually have yellow & red wires that can be swapped over or connected together and sometimes you need to swap these about to get the stereo to power on or to keep settings saved after turning the ignition off.

If your car is a 1991-1994 polo and doesn't have the iso connectors then someone must have cut them out so you'll pretty much just have to figure out what is there and put some new connectors back on.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:36:17 pm »
Unfortunalty the numpty before has butchered the stereo wiring loom so I have no idea where to start.i wired up what I thought were the iso connectors but they had been cut which is why I have no power or anything.so I'm guessing I need to start from scratch.but thank you for the heads up i will search the Internet and see if I can find a wiring diagram somewhere

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 10:39:14 am »
there's wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual if you have that.  Or I believe if you google search then you can download a pirated PDF of it (so I'm told....)