Author Topic: Suspension set up, suggestions please  (Read 2953 times)

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
Suspension set up, suggestions please
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:54 am »
Folks I'm currently running Koni shocks and EVO 60/50mm springs.

The setup looks wise is perfect however I'd say although perfectly good enough for my use is a little bumpy.

What setups are out there that will give me the same look however with a decent smooth(ish) ride.  I'm not expecting miracles however there must be a brand/combination that provides best of both worlds.?

Ben  ;)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Suspension set up, suggestions please
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 12:23:20 pm »
Eibach springs are usually thought of as good for a decent ride quality.  But I'm not sure if they do them at 60mm, they are usually 30mm or 35mm.  Or if they do do 60mm ones whether they'd actually be any better ride quality than what you have now.  How old are the shocks you have?  If they are old and worn then that could be the issue.

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 12:52:52 pm »
The koni shocks were fitted in 2005 however in the last 11 years the car has done probably less than 2000 miles so I can't see worn shocks being a factor?

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 08:39:50 am »
Hi Ben,

I assume those are the same Koni shocks that I fitted? They were brand new when they went on and I wouldn't have put many miles on them. They are adjustable front and rear. When I fitted them originally I set them towards the soft end of the adjustment after getting advice from this forum. It may be that they have been wound up when the lower springs were fitted. If I remember correctly you need to remove them to make the adjustment which is a bit of a pain.

Nick