Author Topic: Yellow and blue sensors above supercharger oil supply hose  (Read 2404 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Yellow and blue sensors above supercharger oil supply hose
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:09:04 pm »
Afternoon quick question the two sensors at the back of the block above the supercharger oil supply line.which one does which?i know one is for the oil pressure light and beeper on the Dashboard I'm just curious as to what the other is.the reason I ask is I'm fitting oil pressure and oil temp gauges and there isn't enough room to fit the sensors.so depending what the yellow one does I'm going to disconnect it as I will have an oil pressure gauge if that's what the yellow sensor is for.if anyone knows please give me a heads up ASAP many thanks Matt

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Yellow and blue sensors above supercharger oil supply hose
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:44:20 am »
They are both oil pressure sensors. The one on the charger oil feed is for the dash. If you disconnect it, the light and buzzer will stay on. The other one is for the ecu if I am not mistaken . I wouldn't nullify neither signals just for safety. You could use a T piece and keep all of them connected.

Offline matthg40

• Members
Re: Yellow and blue sensors above supercharger oil supply hose
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 03:13:02 pm »
I have ordered a 3 port t piece so I can connect the yellow sensor.the sensors for my gauges are fouling on the rocker cover but moving the yellow sensor will help with space.i asked for people's advice as I didn't want to end up with any problems so thank you for the heads up.i knew it would be a tight squeeze because of the injectors and ht leads but I will make them fit now thank you :-)