Author Topic: Car won't start with blue temp sender connected  (Read 2812 times)

Offline 642855659

• Members
Car won't start with blue temp sender connected
« on: June 12, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »
I have decided to put my g40 back on the road after 3 years of being parked up, I had some issues regarding the idilling at first with it just cutting out all the time, I have kind of followed the G40 diagnostic guide on this forum. I have put a new battery on, new alternator, charger rebuild by Pete, changed the plugs to Ngk, leads to intermotor, new Bosch rotor arm, new Bosch lambda sensor, new Hella blue temp sender , the final item to change before it started running correctly was a new Bosch coil.

It worked fine and dandy for about 2 days, but now it will only start when the blue temp sender is unplugged , and when it does it`s rough, as soon as I plug the blue sender back in it just cuts straight out.

I have noticed that both the wires very close to where they go into the plug are slightly split, I can see the copper through them. Could this be a problem?

Any help greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:33:36 pm by 642855659 »

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Car won't start with blue temp sender connected
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:40:14 pm »
I would check inside the dizzy! Sounds like something is wrong there! Maybe something came apart!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:11:14 am »
this could be a number of things.  with the blue sensor disconnected the ecu is in limp home mode which means it's ignoring readings from several/most sensors.  So even though it seems like it will be the blue sensor, it might not be.  Do you have a new blue sensor you can try on it though?  Could also be that the timing is way out.

Offline 642855659

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 10:00:02 am »
Just an update for anyone else who might have the same problem, the fault was the wiring going to the blue sender, it was split, wiring now replaced and seems to be ok.