Author Topic: My g40 log book  (Read 4285 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
My g40 log book
« on: June 09, 2016, 07:37:25 am »
Hi guys I need some advice so if anyone can help please do I will explain as best as I can so here goes.
I originally owned a white polog40 which had a lot of rust damage so I decided to go and find another she'll as I don't think it would of got through another mot.
So I found a black rolling g40 that an old boy had as a project that he got fed up with which as perfect so I swapped everything off of the White g40 onto the black rolling shell.so we now have a black g40 I did a hpi check on it and it was a category b write off it has some front end damage apparently.but that' was fine it was all put back together and I spoke to the Dvla and everything was all cosher with the car.
Now this is where things get complicated,on the log back it just says on the model part POLO COUPE where as on my previous log book from the white poll g40.thay log book the model part says POLO G40. So I checked my insurance documents for the black g40 I currently have and that is listed as a POLO G40,I have a my personalised number plates changed over and the documents I got back from the Dvla say that the black polo I own is a BLACK POLO G40. So my question is what on earth has gone wrong and how can I rectify this problem as I keep my car is a g40 because my documents say it's a polo g40 apart from the log book,the sticker in the boot says it's a poll g40

If anyone has any advice for me would you please help as I would like my logbook to actually say I own a POLO G40  again.sorry if I've not explained this very well I've tried my best.

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
Re: My g40 log book
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 07:44:53 am »
All the genuine ones I've seen say 'Polo Coupe G40' on the log book. Apart from one which was a LHD import and all that said was 'Polo'.
So do you know if your car was imported into the country originally?
I assume the logbook states the original engine number starting with PY so that should be proof enough really.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 08:01:13 am »
I have know idea about its past life I know it spent about 4 years in 7 years in a barn as someone's project.
But As far as I know I  spoke to somebody at Vw I can't remember where I get a phone number from my local branch and I was on the phone for hours.and they said my car was an original it just somehow never got registered as one.and it really bothers me because if it gets stolen or someone hits it then I'm not going to get much money because it's just a polo coupe as far as the log book says.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:25:19 am »
Sorry I meant to state the part about the py engine code that's there definatly :-)

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 12:31:10 pm »
It shouldnt affect your insurance I wouldnt have thought. If you insure it as a G40 then thats what your payout should be based on. Mine is a genuine G and comes up on confused etc as either a CL or GT for some reason. I just tell them its a G40 and thats what its insured as.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
I know it's such a petty thing to question.but at the minute I have no intention of selling it.but in 5 or 10 years I decide to sell it and the log book says it's only a polo coupe then people will question if it's a genuine g40.so that is why I asked how I go about getting the details changed on the logbook so I can get it changed so it actually becomes a genuine g40 on paper like the car actually is.

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 07:35:10 am »
A cat B car back on the road?

Category B

Body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

???

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »
I've got my wires crossed it was a catagory d apparently I've spoken to to the Dvla today.it suffered minor damage to the front but the owner couldn't be bothered with the hassle of finding parts.and as regards to the log book I've been told by the Dvla to fill out section 8 of my v5 and they will amend it so it says it's a g40.as it is a genuine but for some reason it was only listed as a polo coupe on the log book for some reason.

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »
I've got my wires crossed it was a catagory d apparently I've spoken to to the Dvla today.it suffered minor damage to the front but the owner couldn't be bothered with the hassle of finding parts.and as regards to the log book I've been told by the Dvla to fill out section 8 of my v5 and they will amend it so it says it's a g40.as it is a genuine but for some reason it was only listed as a polo coupe on the log book for some reason.

That's a relief.... ;) good news on the log book too, nice to see Polo G40 on the V5

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 12:36:04 pm »
Yes it is I'm chuffed apparently the person that registered it was abit lazy and just did so as a polo coupe.i checked with volkswagen and they confirmed it is infact a g40.so the Dvla said send the v5 back and they will update my logbook so happy days :-)

Offline chris2911

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 10:51:35 pm »
they will change it for you but I had to send proof it was a g40 which I took photo of sticker in boot with chassis number on cause it also states g40