Author Topic: Full Mk2 Golf GTI MFA functionality in a G40 clock.  (Read 3136 times)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Full Mk2 Golf GTI MFA functionality in a G40 clock.
« on: March 28, 2016, 01:34:47 pm »
I'm sure I looked into this about ten years ago and decided it wasn't too hard to do (apart from perhaps fuel consumption) but I can't remember. Has anyone succesfully retrofitted the MFA functions of a set of Mk2 Golf GTI clocks into a Mk2f Polo? Engine run time, Distance since start up, Oil temperature, Boost pressure (G60 clocks - unsure if it was a main or auxiliary function off top of my head) and so on.....?

Something I'm going to look at doing later this year I think. I have other more pressing issues to deal with at the moment such as my "181 BHP" chip, hmmmmmmm...... think someone was dreaming!

Offline genesisGT

• Members
Re: Full Mk2 Golf GTI MFA functionality in a G40 clock.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 01:31:47 pm »
Few Germans have done it over the years.

I'm sure Gaz put some in his squareback or saloon a few years back and 90% if not all of the functions worked so he might be the man to talk too.

I looked at Digifiz a few years back and its is possible too, but you need full cluster, senders, stalk and wiring connectors and wiring diagram for each set up, then its hours of cross reference the wires.

Decided it wasn't worth a week of work at the time, but would be a really cool mod.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 06:16:45 pm »
Well, whenever I get round to it I will make a note of what I did and post it up! Probably be another ten years........ haha

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:19:14 pm »
I did once get hold of a german guide on how to do this, it goes in to quite a lot of detail!  I've uploaded a zip file containing it all here:

http://derby.polog40.co.uk/mfa.zip

I looked in to it years ago but it went in the too hard drawer.  Looks a hell of a lot of effort.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 12:13:54 pm »
Digifiz is really cool, had it in my edition one.

But its very expensive, they go for £400+ and not all of them have the time adjust button which is a separate panel. Plus, 1 type of the digifiz, only goes to 300k and thats it.