Author Topic: 2006 Golf GTI 2.0 Turbo  (Read 5398 times)

Offline JregGT

• Members
2006 Golf GTI 2.0 Turbo
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:15:59 pm »
Good evening folks, there will be no sob story here, I have very fortunate circumstances that I have to sell our Golf under, me and my wife have had our first child, and as much as I want to fight it, 3 doors is just not practical!
The car has astounded me for over 2 years and still never fails to make me smile. I WILL be back in a MK5 Golf GTI, possibly 5 door sooner, or 3 door again once our son it a bit bigger! It would appear the value of these has somewhat dropped recently, which for me is a shame, but for someone is a bonus.

The basics.
2006 3 door 2.0 Turbo Golf GTI
106,359 miles will climb slightly as my wife gets used to our new car.
Shadow blue, a relatively rare MK5 colour which is a lovely deep blue.
MOT till 12/12/2015

The car also has some factory extras which are a lovely touch
Factory Xenon's, these are absolutely stunning, and I will not buy a mk5 golf without them when I return.
Dual climate and fully electric sunroof, rare combination I believe.
Rear parking sensors
Convenience pack I believe as it has Heated folding mirrors with puddle lights, Auto lights and Auto wipers (although I think the wipers are auto on all)
Highline Dash, which allows you to alter light settings, times show radio etc on the dash. Which is a lovely touch.
Blue tint glass throughout, which I believe was a 1 year only option/fit.
Plus the usual GTI extras above the normal.

Non standard bits.
KW V1 Inox Coilovers, complete with kit in boot of car (C spanner/pin for allowing adjustment)
Superpro front wishbone kit.
ECS Dogbone mount
Connect 2 kit for Ipods/Iphones/ anything with a standard jack input. Nicely fitted in the centre console next to the ashtray.
Nokia Hands free kit, which although isn't worth buying a car for, has proven exceptionally useful!
18" Genuine Audi multi-spoke speedline alloys with good Falken ZE912's all round.
K&N Million mile air filter

It also has a Stage 1 R-Tech map, 241BHP - 299lb/ft. I will be honest there is no rolling road/or receipt for this, and I bought it on the ground that I enjoyed how it drove irrelevantly. Very recently my brother has bought a standard MK5 GTI, and the difference really is remarkable. This golf walks over my brothers. If I were to be keeping it ( and would probably suggest the new owner does) would be to take it back to Niki at R-Tech who is renowned for working magic on 2.0 T and get him to just check the map and confirm it is one of his. It truly is a remarkable drive.

Service History

VW - 21,147
VW - 43,180
JW Vag Independent - 64469
Awesome GTI - 70,112
Myself - 79,969
Myself - 90,841
Myself - 99,871

Notable jobs relevant for MK5 GTI's
Cam follower done at 67,782, due a new in my opinion
Cambelt/ Tensioner and Water pump done 70,684
Coil pack recall at 71,200
Rev G diverter Valve 71,692
New rear Discs/pads and calipers for last MOT.

Bad bits, with 106,000 miles under her belt, she has started to look a little tired. Far from poor and I'll be honest a good mop would probably knock years of her.
Notable bits are a scuff on the front lower bumper, 2 dents on the bonnet from a foreign object on the motorway, standard MK5 front arches starting to bubble, and I personally think the drivers door has been keyed in the past as it sometimes looks dull, the previous owners claimed it had not seen any paint, and if it has, a chuffing excellent job has been done, and its me being an arse about things!

I am happy to entertain anybody wanting to look at the car, but no test drives will be given to you if you don't prove you have valid insurance to drive it and your driving licence plus a small £100 or so deposit is left at my house. I can happily take anyone out, it will infact be my pleasure.

The car is located in the West Midlands Walsall Area, Anyone serious I will pass my contact details on to. I can be text and called on 07738 639 698, but please use your noggin and do it at sensible times please.

Price is £4500

Cheers Rich

Offline JregGT

• Members
Re: 2006 Golf GTI 2.0 Turbo
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 08:36:08 pm »
Right folks. I have put a deposit down on our replacement car, therefore this has to go. And our temporary A4 will be up soon also! But this must go now ASAP.
Sensible offers around the £4k mark won't be refused. I truly am stunned at the lack of genuine intrest as this a cracking machine.
Can be viewed any evenings and most days with a bit of arrangement!
Ta Rich