Author Topic: Oil pressure 1W  (Read 8607 times)

Offline xandyx

• Members
Re: Oil pressure 1W
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 01:53:58 pm »
You'll need 1w crank due to different stroke..

Read the original post. He only plans to use the block so all his internals will be using the G40 crank in order to create 1341. He would only require the 1W crank if he was creating for example a 1471cc engine - which he is not.

The oil pump has a pressure reducing valve built into it as it can create more pressure than the required level. The oil squirters will not impact the delivery of the required pressure.

Ma'bad :/

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 02:27:05 pm »
You'll need 1w crank due to different stroke..

Read the original post. He only plans to use the block so all his internals will be using the G40 crank in order to create 1341. He would only require the 1W crank if he was creating for example a 1471cc engine - which he is not.

The oil pump has a pressure reducing valve built into it as it can create more pressure than the required level. The oil squirters will not impact the delivery of the required pressure.

It has a relief valve (semantics I know)

Kiz- have you experience of this then? I.e. given consistent engine speed, oil temperature and viscosity, the gallery pressure remained constant between a block with oil jets, and one without?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 03:35:41 pm »
I could test it, and from figures derive the figures! or if i knew the pump details along with tolerances on loses under pressure i could tell you what it would be. you would have to assume oil density remained constant and at a given temperature.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 04:41:10 pm »
Okay - so no one has any real world data on this? All I am interested in is the pressure change (if any) due to the addition of oil jets.

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 08:34:13 pm »
i can do it mathematically if i have the details of all the bits.
do you have any of the pump details?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 09:17:09 am »
Can I suggest someone who has a spare lump sitting there doing nothing, passes it on to someone who would test all of this? If I had a 1W lying about I'd happily donate it to someone to test it if it added to the knowledge in the community! Still toying with the idea of getting one myself.