Author Topic: Oil in the intercooler  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Bushpig

• Members
Oil in the intercooler
« on: May 31, 2015, 11:06:33 pm »
Looking at the road tonight seen a few blobs of oil on the floor, now oil is coming from the shafts into the gearbox that I know about but looking around notice that oil is collecting at the bottom of the intercooler.
Now I know oil does go into the charger from the feed and then some escapes and blown down the various pipes around the engine but it just seems to be a lot of oil, to answer the next question that will come charger was ported and re built by jabba couple months ago so surely carny be oil seal failure already?

Next issue I have is a funny noise coming from what I think is the charger, when you set of you get a whoosh whoosh woosh kinda sound grating low down in the revs and as you accelerate in the gears it disappears.

Cheers Danny

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Oil in the intercooler
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 09:11:54 am »
I'd disconnect one of the boost hoses and see how much oil is in there.  An oil seal can pop out at any time.

Offline timmyb

• Members
Re: Oil in the intercooler
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »
That grating noise could be a slack belt it sounds metallic but just belt slapping did you find where the oil was coming from? I have the same thing after having full service .Cheers Tim