Author Topic: Yoof's Turbo  (Read 211991 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Yoof's Turbo
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »
Thanks- Timeless Car Design in Germany, took a while but worth the wait, as with most small production numbers he makes to order. Really good quality fit (best I've had), they're cured properly too, so don't smell strongly of GRP when you unwrap them.

Offline P1rik

• Members
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2012, 10:52:13 am »
Thanks I will have a look

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2013, 07:05:37 pm »
Time to blow the dust/snow off the old girl and spruce her up- I've got a house move looming, and would like the car running before then (April).

Current state it requires a new actuator bracket/actuator rod, clutch re-sintering, and a new gearbox.

I'd thought for quite a while the Gripper LSD + big turbo was making things quite hard to drive, plate diff is obviously best for grip, but I think it's partly to blame for so many broken gears, so bring in the Quiff- which I'm hoping will enduce a littl more wheelspin, and ease the load on the gearbox (turning the boost down isn't really an option...)

So, the quiff:

Have another 085 ATV for it to do in, fresh diff bearings on their way from VW, and will build it up ready for once I have space to take the engine out (after I've put the engine back in my blue G40...  ::))

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2013, 10:42:44 am »
14th of april is your target date for santa pod\ ;)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2013, 09:04:49 pm »

OH HAII

Only running 18psi as the actuator bracket still has a crack in it, won't be sorted pre house move, but it's back on the road  ;D

Thanks to Andy for lending me the wheels, I'll leave some tread on the tyres...

Quiff is as expected, not close to the cornering grip of the Gripper, but much nicer to drive, still whiirs away mind. I'd say it has 70% of the capability of the Gripper, and 5 times as driveable
Next on the list is a decent PCV system and have a look into the steering over centre (probably castor angle) oh and to introduce it to it’s new garage  ;D

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2013, 10:05:00 pm »
sweet whens its next outing ?!

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:56 am »
woop!!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2013, 07:26:31 pm »
Now back in the garage for a few mods before Santa Pod/Trackdays this summer. Remote oil filter/thermostat going on, some tidying up of wiring, and a pukka suspension setup at Center of Gravity. Oh and the gas... 

Polo in its new house:

And on the scales:

776kg full fluids (washer, methanol, coolant, oil) half a tank of petrol

Split with driver in: 63% Front / 37% Rear - 53% Right / 46% Left

All in I'm fairly chuffed with that, lots of cage & turbo/intercooler over stock, and still have a full sized battery & dash. 

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2013, 12:30:50 pm »
Update time, last few weeks have been spent putting the nitrous back on, having the suspension alignment done, and then a trip to Santa Pod to shake everything down.

First up was to get everything pointing in the right direction, I'll do a full review of this later, as I've not driven the car on track yet:

Rear axle mounts modified, shim spacers on the sub axles to adjust camber and toe, lots more measurements taken along the way, full review after my next trackday. Thanks to Chris at CofG for his efforts, I'll no doubt sing his praises at a later date  :D

Gas bits (bottle heater):

Keeps a constant pressure by heating the bottle, maintains ~950psi

NA vs Boost:

Santa Pod time, boost wound down to 20psi but was pinking, so backed out of each run (only managed 3) best 13.1 @ 109mph, showing power is there, but need to sort the pinking issue before next outing, I suspect aquamist isn't working.

Pics, ronald is my mates, awesome little toy!

If I can sort this issue out, I'm hoping to get some runs in on Sunday at VW Action, should be quieter then, although it's twice the cost.

Cheers

Pete

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2013, 12:44:03 pm »
Bloody love this car an wish i had a garage that neat aswell! What sort of times are you wanting? High 12s?

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2013, 12:59:40 pm »
Already ran a 12.5 with the K03 and nitrous, so anything under that, there's a certain T40 which ran 12.0 I'd love to equal or beat, but mine isn't really light enough, or using the right box..!

Garage isn't always that tidy.... honest  :D

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2013, 02:15:05 pm »
I know which u mean got him on facebook. He's complaining of poppin cv boots any advise?

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2013, 02:15:58 pm »
Like I've said on club polo dude great work. I reckon you should see the time your after maybe more when you and Andy have hooked it up  ;D

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2013, 07:51:25 pm »
Such an awesome car 8)

Offline Tav

• Members
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2013, 08:43:08 pm »
Any thoughts on the Quaife yet? 

Glad the hassle was worth it for people to be able to buy them, the £13k bill was scary!

Car is looking GOOOOOOD.  As is the garage.  Maxi bins ftw!