Author Topic: Engine stalling and not sounding healthy  (Read 1962 times)

Offline sparkz786

• Members
Engine stalling and not sounding healthy
« on: September 23, 2014, 05:41:04 pm »
So i rebuilt up my g with a block that had been previously rebuilt .. Head with all new valves and seals guides etc .. Its an eaton setup g60 injectors an chip to suit crrently (was going to wait for a map ).  I have had it runnin but have not driven it properly since getting it running. Okay so today i was starting it to get to temp as i have been doing recently .. And i held it at fast idle and gave it some gas to make sure it goes through revs okay. Then all of a sudden it juddered and turned off with loads of white smoke coming out of the block breather (running to atmosphere).

The car only starts after hesitation when holding the gas but dies immediately after you let go. IT ALSo sounds like s*** when starting it.

I bought this with a melted piston and spent a year getting everything ready and before driving it this. Im suspecting the worst. Please someone reassure me and tell me it'll be okay.

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: Engine stalling and not sounding healthy
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:06:52 pm »
Have you had the plugs out? See their condition/colour or to have a peek down the bores and make sure there's no obvious mechanical damage etc, that would put my mind at ease