Author Topic: SOLD Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2350 SOLD  (Read 6614 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Members
  • Back on the road
SOLD Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2350 SOLD
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:39:48 pm »
Here is my MK2f Polo cl coupe, G40 conversion for sale. Mot May 2015, Tax Dec 2014. Exceptional body shell, strong engine 143bhp/144lbf.ft, good handling/brakes. Always run on Shell Nitro. We looked around for a decent project and then a considerable amount of effort, time and money have gone into it in the last 12 months.

The work I have carried out, aside from having the bodywork/re-spray professionally done and obviously a comprehensive service includes:
new radiator, new OME VW fuel tank, cv boots, tie rods, fuel filter, clutch cable, lambda sensor, temp sensor, new chip from PPP, new Spark plugs (NGK Iridium), all new brake pipes plus new Goodrich brake hoses, new Ferodo pads and new rear drums/shoes etc...

I love this car and wanted it to be a keeper but love racing more so selling it to go hill climbing and I have bought a hill car (and a tow/support van) specifically for this purpose.

I do have a large selection of spares which I will be selling separately (purchaser will have first refusal) including: G40 Head, stage 1 cam, GT inlet, German stainless big bore system, new quick shifter, new front bumper, vgc rear bumper, new black mirrors, plus lots more....

Based near Exeter. Ideally after £2350 open to offers. Please email/message for any more info/pics.

Thanks for looking James

The engine:
It's a strong engine powering a very fast and capable hot hatch. It pootles about doing a reasonable mpg when required, nice flexible engine but also transforms into a little banshee when asked. Rolling road tested Oct 2014,143bhp@5800rpm and 144lbf.ft@3540rpm.
G40 'PY' full engine conversion with a G40 ATV gearbox, PPP chip, 65mm pulley, De-wedged throttle body, Cone filter and heat shield, De-cat stainless larger bore system, Fast road clutch, Ported/polished charger

The shell:
It is a 1994 K reg, over last winter it got stripped down to a rolling shell, it then had the near side sill cut out and completely replaced with a new one. The whole of the exterior got prep'd with any hint of surface corrosion being cut/ground out, new metal in. It was then re-sprayed, in its original VW crimson red. Both sills where then packed with wax oil as were any locations which seemed like they could be at risk in the future; A pillars, rear arch internals etc. The car was then wax oiled on the entire underside. The front has had a single wiper conversion on the front and the rear wiper is currently inoperative (I have tested the electrics and the problem is with the wiper motor, these come up cheaply, but I have never got round to replacing it because I don't drive it in the rain!)  The paint work is close to immaculate, 200 miles since the re-spray. The sills are absolutely rust free and solid, there is no rust on the car at all.

The running gear:
It is running G40 front brakes with drilled and grooved disks, the pads where replaced with Ferodo DS ones (expensive but work very well) less then 200 miles ago. New rear brakes shoes and drums. H&R Cup sport kit (springs and shocks) all round, new Gladerseite ARB blocks on the front, very good ride, firm but still reasonable.
I have two sets of wheels for the car,a set of new 14" baby g's which had new maxxis MAZ1 tires on (so now 200 miles old),  I also have a set of 13" BBS'S with OK tires.

The interior:
It has Scirocco GT2 interior in a good clean condition. The doors have Black Genesis door cards and in the boot the parcel shelf is in a good condition with no holes. It is currently fitted with a Momo steering wheel, but I also have the original G40 Steering wheel. The clocks came out of the G40 donor car. Audio: it has a CD/MP3/ AUX/ USB radio and uprated speakers in the front and rear. It also has a Thatcham 'standard level' immobiliser fitted.
It comes with a very large folder of history and receipts.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:27:02 pm by Lionheart »

Offline richr1992

• Members
Re: Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2450
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:51:43 pm »
Where abouts are you mate

Offline Lionheart

• Members
  • Back on the road
Re: Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2450
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:18:26 pm »
Near Sidmouth, East Devon, so ten miles east of Exeter

Offline Lionheart

• Members
  • Back on the road
Re: Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2350
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »
A few people have asked about the car so we have had it on a Rolling Road a week ago, figures were 143bhp@5800rpm and 144lbf.ft@3540rpm. Plus we have been asked what the bay looks like so here is a pic of the engine bay.

Offline charlie1

• Members
Re: Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2350
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 06:22:14 pm »
is this still for sale??

Offline Lionheart

• Members
  • Back on the road
Re: SOLD Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2350 SOLD
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:27:56 pm »
Hi everyone this is now sold.
Thank you for the interest.
James

Will list up the spares and tuning bits we have aquired, ASAP
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:43:32 pm by Lionheart »

Offline Jonnychats1979

Re: SOLD Polo Mk2f G40 conversion £2350 SOLD
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 12:58:29 am »
This is my old car, I bought it as a Standard CL back in 2001 in Torquay and by chance came across the G40 donor lump, spent a fortune on this can and was sad to see it go