Author Topic: g40 chargers  (Read 1961 times)

Offline devojunior

• Members
g40 chargers
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:02:33 pm »
hi im new to supercharged cars and really want a g40 so im trying to build up my knowledge before i do so first thing  im not 100 percent about is the standard g lader can be upgraded to an eaton which im told is a better charger and its good to get your charger rebuilt and at same time get it ported is this right or am i going wrong any info would be great cheers adam. oh and im a newbie so go easy  ;)

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: g40 chargers
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 12:19:23 pm »
Greetings.

The G-lader supercharger does need servicing every 20-25k miles, depending on size of charger pulley being used. You dont have to get your charger ported although it is done by most people for extra power. The eaton charger from the mini S can be used as they do not need the regular service intervals being a sealed unit and are good for 100k miles. Fitment kits were available from  PSD but they've ceased trading and a company called AW tracksport did a kit, some problems with these have been found. I'm about to start an eaton conversion on mine with a PSD kit that I managed to source ;-)