Author Topic: 1991 Polo GT Silver 68k  (Read 7288 times)

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
1991 Polo GT Silver 68k
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:08:38 pm »
VW POLO GT COUPE
J29 REH
SILVER
68,500 MILES
£1650 ONO

Ok so up for sale is my Polo GT, which my brother and I bought early last year with the intention to make an absolute minter out of. We had planned to put some spare bits that we had lying around in to it, ie G40 engine & box, corrardo g60 leather seats etc but we have just bought another house and the reality is, its not going to get done due to a lack of time and spare money! We now need the garage space for building tools and materials so the car has now been parked outside and it deserves better than to sit there doing nothing. Since its MOT in April 2014 it has only covered approximately 1250 miles over the summer and was garage over the winter. It is currently SORN.

The car is very good shape overall and has been looked after by previous owners, of which there are 5. There are plenty of reciepts and various details of services and maintenance that it has undergone over the years. V5 present - currently in my brothers name.

Details:

Engine
1272cc engine 8v - Blue magnacore ht leads, high lift cam - lumpy on idle, 4 branch manifold - heat wrapped, after-market exhaust system - in need of attention), induction kit - with correct adapter for AFM, chipped - cannot confirm this but it seems to have a raised rev limiter and it seems to be very quick compared to previous GT's we have owned and been in.

Exterior
Silver, late spec lights, clear side repeaters, clear front indicators, german number plates - EU GB markings, new vinyl rear number plate surround, deleted rear wiper, small rust patch on scuttle panel by n/s bottom of window rubber as per usual, bonnet stone chipped in a couple of places, small rust patch on front edge of drivers door, rust on front n/s wing under bump strip which is the most serious issue externally but hiden quite well by bump strip , small dent in passenger door, 2 small dings above fuel filler cap, front bumper o/s corner scuffed, bumpers have glazed in places and need bringing back to life, plastic bump trims need re-securing as they are coming away in a couple of places, red pin stripes are peeling in a couple of places, sunroof - does not leak, windows are all original, paint comes up very well when polished, front wipers and all lights work as they should ------- I am being very critical of the car in this desciption so please do not think it is a dog, just being honest.

Interior
Grey carpets in good condition - no signs of wear, original tape deck stereo - currently not wired in, black vinyl leather 'pleather' seats with white piping - the rear bench is in very good condition and shape but the front seats are not the best - passenger seat does not flip forward - driver seat does not recline and ripped - see photos, water temp gauge does not work and the warning light flashes - the engine does not over heat and the fan kicks in as it should so possible faulty sender, head lining in good shape,dash and door cards in good shape.

Chassis
Suspension is original front arb with lowering springs and aftermarket shocks all round - unknown make - but they are fairly stiff, front brakes have been changed to G40 VWII discs pads calipers and carriers which makes a big difference.
Wheels are freshly refurbed BBS RJ's 14x6" -'VW grey' powder-coated with polished & lacquered face - work carried out by Spit and Polish in Tonbridge (country wide renowned), no centre caps. Brand new Yoko A539 185/50/14 tyres fitted and balanced - these have done about 5 miles since being fitted so are literally brand new. The wheel refurb and tyres cost £600 2 months ago.

There is currently no MOT as it expired at the beginning of April. If i get the asking price or a very close offer tge then i shall happliy put it through an MOT which i am confident it will get through without any problems.

I am keen to see this car go to someone who is looking for a very good base car, with low mileage, to turn into something really mint. I am in no urgent rush 'to get rid of it' and shall patiently wait for a serious buyer with the right offer. I have been as honest as possible with the sale and believe the car to be honest and true. With some time and a little money this car could be an excellent prospect for someone.

Obviously the car is currently SORN so test drives are not really possible currently.

I may consider offers for the car without the wheels if you have your own to put on upon collection, but would prefer to sell complete with the wheels.

I may consider delivering the car subject to circumstances of sale.

£1650 ONO

Serious interest only please.

I will not split any parts from the car.

I will not entertain time wasters.

Cash on collection.

I also have a twin silenced stainless 63mm PPP exhaust system and a set of front and rear corrardo leather seats (both in very goood condition) which i may consider letting go for the right money.

Thanks for looking.

Jez

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: 1991 Polo GT Silver 68k
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 02:27:21 pm »
How much for the Corrado seats?

Also, what's the crack with the arch kit? That pic in there by mistake? How much do you want for the arch kit if it's available?!

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:41:42 pm »
hi mate - the corrado seats are for the pair of fronts and the rear bench with raised centre secton. They are in reallly good condition and are probably worth around the £350 mark. The last set (with door cards) i saw, sold for £500 and they are pretty damn rare these days.

Thanks for pointing out the random photo, dont know how that has got there?! It is my other mk3 which i have been building for the last decade... its a Haug motorsport kit and is not up for sale im afraid.  :)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 11:01:07 am »
Too pricey for me. I should ask on the Corrado forum really (if it's still going??!).

Shame about the arch kit. I love massive rally / motorsport arches!

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:05:25 pm »
unfortunately now on ebay.... 99p starting and the auction will run to the end.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291475511525?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Any interest or questions just ask.

Jez