Author Topic: 65mm pulleys install and supporting mods  (Read 5128 times)

Offline C0UP3

• Members
65mm pulleys install and supporting mods
« on: July 02, 2014, 11:13:13 am »
Just bought some 65mm psd pulleys off matt70 (cheers) and gt inlet manifold plus have a 51mm throttle body coming from z3i.

So firstly what other things do I need to do to ensure safe running of this set up. Current spec of car is r1 ported charger standard pulley and ppp exhaust and that's pretty much it engine wise, standard 1272 bottom end. I was thinking intercooler (i think I'm losing pressure from my stock one anyway. And ppp chip.

Also is there a detailed how to on fitting toothed pulleys

Cheers

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: 65mm pulleys install and supporting mods
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 11:29:52 am »
If you fit all that lot together you will see a nice increase assuming everything is healthy. As long as you have a chip to match you'll be fine.

I think there is a fitting guide in the faq section.

Offline C0UP3

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »
Yer all healthy. Supposably had a rebuild before I bought it but have no history with the car. Replaced all of the sensors apart from knock sensor, is it worth changing that? Unknown condition as I havnt looked at it. Had charger rebuilt 2k ago. Have a new alternator to go on as well as I'm having voltage issues which I'm pretty sure is the reason for a slight idle issue I have when temp starts to increase (voltage gauge reads low when I have the issue)

Does anybody make an intercooler kit for the g?

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 03:16:27 pm »
I had an idle issue not to long ago yoof and Andy had a look for me at the polo show ( really nice guys ) they found the knock sensor had come loose and the pins on the connection had been touching the inlet minifold sorted it short term by wrapping it in tape , and most of the time the wire of the knock sensor gets really hot touching the back of the block and water pipe so the rubber disintergrates 

Offline C0UP3

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 04:38:09 pm »
So probably worth replacing anyway. Are Gsf or ecp ones good enough is it a trip to vw like blue temp sensors.

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »
I use Gsf stuff ,haven't had a knock sensor off them but don't see why not

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 01:26:23 pm »
Pretty sure most knock sensors in the vag range are the same, I got one from an A3 from a breakers and it had the same part number and plug.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 01:38:36 pm »
Think i've got an abf one on mine from the mk3 gti