Author Topic: Cam measurement  (Read 4264 times)

Offline RyanC

• Members
Cam measurement
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:31:01 pm »
Dose anyone on here have a 268/264 Schrick cam that they can measure the lobes please? I need the two measurments tip of lobe to bottom and the rounded part "side to side", eather that or if anyone can get hold of the spec sheet for them with the lift on it that would be great

Thanks in advance

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Cam measurement
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 07:14:35 am »
http://www.greenspeed.be/common/Schrick%202011%20E.pdf

268/264 is 10 and 9.8mm respectively.

Offline RyanC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:11:12 pm »
Thanks mate :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:18:17 pm by RyanC »

Offline RyanC

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:20:35 pm »
Another question.. I have a cat cam vernier too with my cam, never set up a vernier in my life, so where do I know where to set it to?
Thanks guy I'm guessing there is a figure that they recommend?
But I need to know what it is because looking at the Schrick table I don't know were to start ha

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 07:18:35 am »
You'll need to find a true TDC of cyl. 1 (don't trust the crank pulley) and mark on the pulley, at this point fit a timing dial to the crank pulley, you can buy these from most camshaft manufacturers, or make your own in a CAD package.

You'll then need a DTI on the tappet of cyl. 1 (either inlet/exhaust depending what the camshaft manufacturer quote) and they will give a peak timing in degrees of CA for that lobe.

You can measure where the peak lift is, and then refer to your timing disc on the crank to check against the spec. Rotate the crank back to correct position, and loosen the vernier and rotate the cam until the lobe you're measuring is at peak lift. Tighten it all up, if it's a fresh build, worth checking again after you've put some miles on it.

Remember crank spins twice speed of cam, and there's 720'CA in one cycle...

Offline RyanC

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:36:55 pm »
Awsome will get that sorted thanks for that input yoof makes perfect sence