Author Topic: Using Standard Polo Block  (Read 2166 times)

Offline dan1300r

• Members
Using Standard Polo Block
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:17 am »
Will my PY crank/rods/pistons/oil pump etc fit into say a HK block? My PY block is bored out as far as possible and worn out so I just want to know if anyone has used a standard n/a block before? I don't need the oil return holes/knock sensor holes/charger brackets as I am fully standalone and turbo'd

Thanks

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Using Standard Polo Block
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:03:40 am »
apparently yes - but py block apparently webbed and crank forged for strength.

I'll soon be selling a py block bored to 1341 and honed for a 77mm wossner build im not doing.

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:56 pm »
apparently yes - but py block apparently webbed and crank forged for strength.

I'll soon be selling a py block bored to 1341 and honed for a 77mm wossner build im not doing.

I'd be interested pete if dan1300r doesn't want it ;-)

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 01:17:22 pm »
I will also have a 1341 py bottom end with forged pistons for sale soon

Offline dan1300r

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 07:51:40 pm »
Ok cool, well Pete / Z3i please let me know when you's want to sell your bottom ends/bare blocks and I'll decide how to go at the time you's offer me them if I don't use a std bottom end..

I recently fully rebuilt my bottom end (proper PY) - bored my spare block to 77mm, put new pec rods and balanced PY crank in with my OLD Wossners and the b**tard is blowing by horrendously - again! I am sick of it... The reason I stripped the first bottom end down was due to the fact that it had blowby under heavy/prolonged load and it sprayed oil everywhere - the original 77mm lump had one of it's Wossner piston's compression rings nipped into the land for some reason so I got it on a lathe and spun it clean so the new rings were slipping in and out nicely and this one piston in particular seems to be doing the same thing again. I think maybe it's been overheated prior to my ownership and it's molecular structure has changed as daft as it sounds as it keeps shrinking and holding the rings!... I could fix my own bottom end with one piston and a hone but I don't want to use old pistons again hence wanting a block that I could bore and use new pistons..

I did say mine was worn out to keep things simple but I could hone my current block out to new pistons I suppose as my current pistons were slightly undersize due to being used when I got it matched to each individual piston - the idea of getting a standard block was because they are are ten a penny and I could get some new Wossners and have it prep'd for the current one coming out to minimize downtime..

Z3i I will probably have a go at your forged bottom end if it has no blowby and you know it's good!

Sorry to waffle.. I struggle to make a point in writing!

Cheers!