Author Topic: Spotted, South Coast G6 TSR  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
Spotted, South Coast G6 TSR
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »
anyone knows who's it is? its taxed but doesnt look like its moved in a while, had at it today.
Defiantly an original G.

Offline Max

• Members
Re: Spotted, South Coast G6 TSR
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:01:50 pm »
Where abouts, I'm from Worthing and not seen it about in my travels!

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:27:06 pm »
Denton

Offline sinister polo

• Members
  • drive it like u stole it
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 06:13:13 pm »
was it a black one?

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »
yeah black sorry, some sorta custom interior in it

Offline katabatic

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »
Hello Justin,

Not even looked at the site since I took 'Baby G' off the road due to engine needing rebuild, almost totally defunct clutch and, more to the point, lack of funds. She is still safe and sound in my reasonably dry garage and I should like to put her back on the road in spring/summer 2015 if funds allow (quite a bit to do - engine, clutch, brakes obviously and the interior will need attention). Suspension was new only a few years ago. Bodywork is not bad but will need a couple of rusty bits sorting for cosmetics but she is basically solid.  A respray will be the final job at some point.

She was outside for a while: on the road outside my home, then in the driveway until I made space in the garage. I need to check with a few people for advice on prices and availability of parts and indeed the best way to go (rebuild or a good replacement engine, for instance...).

Interior mods are just a pair of Scirocco Mk 1 seats re-covered in part leather (rear seat from my Mk 1 Polo trimmed to match - seats were in that car nearly 20 years ago!) and a three instrument cluster where the stereo would have been together with a Corrado leather steering wheel. And yes, that registration was going on my Corrado (another story).

TeamRock Radio have just played "I'm Back" by Aerosmith.......I guess I might be.

Cheers,
Dave.