Author Topic: Just a quick question involving my re-map and engine run in.  (Read 3372 times)

Offline AdzCM

• Members
I've had my polo mapped to run 17.5psi of boost using a K03, standard head and standard bottom end.

Will this same map suit my 1341, BVH and K04 when I'm running in the engine? I will be using my G60 injectors during the run in as the map is to suit them.

I will be staying off boost completely. But will the car underfuel or overfuel off boost, or will it be safe enough?

[Mainly directed at Pete or Andy]

Thanks

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Just a quick question involving my re-map and engine run in.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 07:10:44 pm »
The polo g40 digifant ecu will always stays at clossed loop (from the o2 sensor) and always hits 14.7 at part throttle conditions.
If you have a chip to suit 250cc injectors you'll be fine, with the new setup.

So the engine will be fine, only at part throttle conditions (off boost)

It wont be the same at wot conditions. The o2 is dessabled so, the ecu reads directly the values from the fuel maps, so the extra displacement and air feed from the bigger charger will lean the mixture, witch is not quite good...

Alex

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:54:21 pm »
That's brilliant mate, that's all I needed to hear. Thank you :)

Ill be staying well away from boost...

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:46:06 am »
Adz - just be mindful you'll be a fair bit more efficient with an increase in CR (9.3:1 now?) so may find that at idle (and some part load) it's fairly rich.

If it is I'm sure Andy can modify your map based on your wideband readings. Last thing you want is to wash a bore.

Alex- remember the ECU does have limits regarding adaptions to fuel numbers. For example if you fit 315cc injectors and run a standard map, the value in the map may need a reduction by 0.6, Digifant clamp (for example) is 0.85. So despite trying to achieve lambda 1, it still has too much fuel. The ECU has limitations!

Pete

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 12:25:04 pm »
Adz - just be mindful you'll be a fair bit more efficient with an increase in CR (9.3:1 now?) so may find that at idle (and some part load) it's fairly rich.

If it is I'm sure Andy can modify your map based on your wideband readings. Last thing you want is to wash a bore.

Pete

I'm not sure what the CR is now. Would the 9.3:1 be from using a thinner head gasket? I'm still going to be using a standard head gasket so 9:1?

Right, I'll take note of my A/F at idle and part throttle and then I'll post it up for you to see :)

Thanks Pete

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:49:10 pm »
Yes i know this Peter.

At Adz's first post i thought that he already had a chip suited with the 250cc injectors...
Yes he must stick with the same fueling setup of course

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 01:54:57 am »
Pete, started the car today :) [woohooo]

It started up first time and idled pretty good. Ran it up to temperature and switched it off.

I took note of the a/f like you said. As you predicted, its running pretty rich at cold idle. My a/f scale only starts at 10, and I think it was around that at idle because, I have a 'peak' button which I pressed soon after start-up, and it said 10.5 - so its in and around that figure anyway.... After a short while as the engine heated up, the a/f was normal again, between 14-15....

So I take it I need the chip tweeked??

Adrian
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:56:42 am by AdzCM »