Author Topic: Eaton M45 Charger Question ..  (Read 3904 times)

Offline sparkz786

• Members
Eaton M45 Charger Question ..
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:32:26 pm »
Okay after a ballache of months working on my G40 fitting a new engine along with loads of other bits! The Baby fired up today on first attempt with no hesitation but now i need a little help.

Okay so the Eaton setup uses the tensioner going off the bracket and i need advice on how to lift up the bracket along with the charger as when i first started it, the tensioner wasnt spinning freely and causing heat friction on the belt. So i need to basically tension it up properly but the 5pk belt used feels like its almost at its tightest and the bracket/charger is a pain to lift up any more :/

help needed guys!

after almost 9 months i got her started all on my own (with my brother) from my first car as a GT and my second a G40 which needed an engine change!! much needed and appreciated! cheers!

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Eaton M45 Charger Question ..
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:12:52 pm »
Some pictures would help! As many people (including me) have different Eaton conversion kits. I can only hypothesize that if the tensioner isn't moving freely, its overtightened or the bearing has gone bad!

Offline sparkz786

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 05:58:58 pm »
Sorry delayed update but i have it all spinning freely now and adjusted! Has anyone got the bracket for the charger to mount on to the bolts in the manifold as it needs the extra support to stop any play when driven.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 09:00:31 pm »
I used a short bar to prize the charger up on mine. Trolley jack handle usually. Not a PSD kit by chance? They needed spacing exactly with extra washers on the mounts to stop them moving around under load.

Offline sparkz786

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:03:17 pm »
Cheers for a Reply, im not sure which kit it is tbh? I have made it spin freely but i will getting a bracket fabricated for the side near the manifold!