Author Topic: Batten's G40  (Read 6773 times)

Offline batten

• Members
Batten's G40
« on: December 21, 2008, 02:17:31 am »
quite a few of you will probably recognise this car, was one of PhilJ's and i think built by Nick_S on here who converted it from a Genesis to full G40 spec.

Engine: 1272cc G40, derestricted airbox and KnN panel filter, PSD Fulll blend charger and 65mm toothed pullies, chip, boost return removed, de wedged throttle body, GT inlet.

Suspension: HnR 60/40 cup kit, new G40 tcas with powerflex outter bushes, G-ladersite green arb mount blocks, and Front lower brace bar.

Brakes: G40 brakes, greenstuff pads, and grooved discs.

Wheels and Tyres: 14x6 BBS RA's with 185 50 yokos. A539's

Exterior Styling: Badgeless grill, clear indicators, and side repeaters, late spec rear lights with german cluster.

Interior Styling: standard G40

as bought

and now as it stands

only other difference is all the interior trim has been put back (although i need rear seatbelts! anyone?)
Badged-up and german pressed plates (i need to find something else as these are too scene for me now and also illegal)

and at this years clubpolo show...only a brief visit on the sunday as i thought i was pants and got annoyed by chav kids in 6ns giving us useless directions...found it a bit of a mission to find.

and at RAF Cosford Breakfast Club Meet

That is my mates red GT, hasnt touched it since buying it at roughly the same time as i got the 40. Rather quick for a GT aswel, believe it has a schrick cam.

Plans-  Half colour code the bumpers, then when money comes in from me hopefully getting a career soon, i will get the wheels diamond cut. then if a company/lease car arrives, take it off the road and send it off to jabba sport for engine work

sorry enough of my rambling

;D

Batten

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:21:43 am by batten »

Offline Max

• Members
Re: Batten's G40
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:26:18 am »
Lovely car mate, nice spec and sweet colour  :)

Offline batten

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 05:27:55 pm »
cheers thought it was a good purchase at the time, would love to get involved with a few 40 meets now, i guess aldon is the next one i'll be heading to

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 01:31:16 pm »
Whored my old pictures! Nice car that, I spent a fortune on sorting it out. Still miss it, so I'm building another daily friendly g40.

Offline batten

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 01:51:18 pm »
haha certainly did  ;D

yeah its a quality set-up only had to replace the battery and fan motor so far. do you have the history for the car knocking about btw Phil?

John

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 08:05:50 pm »
looks good mate
nice one  ;D

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 01:31:38 pm »
I do yeah, give us a few weeks and I'll dig it out.

Offline rich4130

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 03:45:49 pm »
Love this, I almost went to look at it when PhilJ was selling it, but wasn't in a position to insure it at the time.

Looked smart at the polo show.

I saw a Genesis the same colour at work the other day, pounced on the elderly owners who are looking for a new car, and gave them my number, will be getting a GT lump as a daily.

Offline batten

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 11:05:55 pm »
oh thats cool, its definitley a rare colour dark green and a gt lump sounds nice. would make a cool photo if you badged it up as a gt and parked next to mine  ;D

Offline rich4130

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 11:33:53 am »
Haha yep, im just awaiting their call, got a GT lump and loom and a rear beam/disks etc to go straight on.