Author Topic: Boost Problem  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Boost Problem
« on: April 29, 2014, 07:32:30 pm »
Cars ran about 5k now since the engine rebuild last year in april and its been sweet (if a little bit rich on boost).

Just recently (ie sunday) as soon as I get to 10psi (actuators been adjusted to 15psi) boost needle starts waving which causes the whole car to judder proper bad and it doesn't go over 10psi where it used to go to 15psi.

Now I've seen a little oil leakage from post intercooler so I've assumed the turbo is slightly leaky but its not been smoking at all. Guessing this is either a boost leak or the turbos gone kaput.

Anyone got any input? Cheers lads

Etches

Offline dubstar

• Members
  • PY 'til I die
Re: Boost Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:59:17 pm »
Diaphragm in the actuator in tact? What about your BOV - not one of those placky VAG ones which is on the way out? I'd probably block the BOV off and try it first, if it's not that test the actuator.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:41:55 am »
I've got a forge Bov dude, I'll browse over the pipes. Then I'll have a look at the Bov and actuator. Cheers Ross

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 11:33:28 am »
Does it keep doing this now or is it intermittent? Seem like a misfire or anything? I ran into a problem like this. Wouldn't go over 10psi and the whole engine juddered around 10psi when it should have hit 17.... I had melted a plug (long story short, it was my doing) ... Very similar symptoms to me just. Worth a look...

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 02:24:44 pm »
I'll have a look at that too dude, I thought it might be spark breakdown/ arching out so I got some better leads but that didn't help