Author Topic: sticking trim back on  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Adampolog40

• Members
sticking trim back on
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:36:02 pm »
Had my arches rolled (badly) which im not happy about but is another matter, because of this obviously the screw holes on the trim are now redundant. Im having trouble one finding a product for the job and also 2 finding a way of securing the trim to the arch for any adhesive to go off have use solo cramps/ quick grips with no joy and dont wanna scrath the fresh paint!

Any advise would be much appreciated! 

Offline C0UP3

• Members
Re: sticking trim back on
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:51:16 am »
Tigerseal

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 10:22:15 am »
Don't use tiger seal!! It's messy and bodge! Get some proper double sided adhesive foam tape, it's designed for exactly sticking trims back on

Also who did you get to roll your arches? I'm looking to get mine done, but not settling for anything less than perfect
Thanks taylor

Offline Adampolog40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:59:29 am »
Don't use tiger seal!! It's messy and bodge! Get some proper double sided adhesive foam tape, it's designed for exactly sticking trims back on

Also who did you get to roll your arches? I'm looking to get mine done, but not settling for anything less than perfect
Thanks taylor

im glad you suggested the tape have used tiger seal on part of it and found it wank! im yet to try and take It off Hopefully will come off easy enough. I had a guy I knew who lead me to believe he could do it. If it was me again I would take a step back and think do I really need it done!!!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 12:52:26 pm »
Scotch the trim with grey scotch and clean It up really well, I stuck all my trims on after my respray and stick like shit to a blanket

Ah dammit!! My wheels scrub badly, I really don't want to roll my arches but don't have much choice! Wheels are one in a million so not selling them

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 05:52:00 am »
Ah dammit!! My wheels scrub badly, I really don't want to roll my arches but don't have much choice! Wheels are one in a million so not selling them

That sounds like a perfect opportunity to whore a picture out dude. . What you got?

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 09:35:09 am »

That sounds like a perfect opportunity to whore a picture out dude. . What you got?

+1

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 12:56:31 pm »
Compomotives :)
Rather rare model of the ms's can't find pictures of them anywhere, and even rarer, thier 14" by 6.5j :D
Pics on my thread, need to refurb them though

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 06:24:57 pm »

Thanks taylor

Just a wee opinion lol..........I used the double sided tape but it just wasn't strong enough because the wheel arch trim had to much flex behind it and was constantly trying to pull itself away from the car body. So I used the double sided tape AND some Tigerseal and it ain't coming off - Tigerseal is not soooo bad ;) - double sided foam tape for the bit up the length of the car definitely, but foam tape and Tigerseal for the arch trim for anybody looking to do it in the future....

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 09:08:42 am »
tigerseal is ok as long as you accept the fact you'll never be able to take it off again!