Author Topic: My G40 for sale.  (Read 8977 times)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
My G40 for sale.
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:52:27 am »
For health reasons, my wife can't drive anymore and I can't really justify having the G so it's up for sale.
K reg. original with 129k on the clock. I bought it with 124k so everything that's been done is within the last 5k and most of it within the last 3k.
Glass out re-spray with new front wings, new rear screen, new mirrors, new de-badged grill, new rear badge. Used but good condition arch trims/side trims. Leather interior. Part central locking, Cat1 alarm.
New TCA's, new steering arms, new track rod ends, PPS subframe, new top mounts, Eibach/ Bilstein B12 kit. TSR 270mm brake kit. BBS RZ's? 6.5x14 with excellent Toyos on front, good on rear. Jabba stage 4(serviced 4k ago), PSD(allegedly) toothed belt kit. Stand-alone oil supply for charger. Head re-furbed with new seals and springs, Newman cam. New timing belt, new waterpump, new dist. cap, plugs, thermostat housing and thermostat. Powerflow exhaust, de-cat pipe. New fuel filter. Probably more, but not a lot left to tackle. £4k ovno

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: My G40 for sale.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:26:46 am »
Lovely car mate.

Great car for someone looking to buy a G40 with work already done to it, great price!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:53:12 am »
Looks lovely and clean :)
Glws
G40's seem to appreciating in value

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 12:45:35 pm »
thats if they sell for the asking price...............

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »
That's very true, I often wonder what real prices are. I'm in a happy situation though, as I don't HAVE to sell. I just feel vaguely embarrassed about having the G, nothing more. I just feel that they're there to be enjoyed and would like this one to go to someone with their head screwed on the right way. The car's good for another 100k easy though, so what I don't feel embarrassed about is the asking price.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »
Well if ebay is anything to go by this is bang on the price
One is £5000
Another £3750 and the last is £4000
All standard, your getting a modified car at the same price
retro cars im genral are appreciating. Look at mk1 golfs. Seen a few for £9000!!!!

Offline Tav

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 11:13:55 pm »
The two that are for sale on eBay are original (not sprayed) and low mileage (50k on one).  So they should be top book for G40's.  One of them is at a dealer as well so bin the warranty and it could be £500 cheaper.

This car has very good spec. given the subframe, suspension and seats etc.  I'd be tempted to buy it myself but I don't need any of those three things and £3k would be my limit so I'm out.

Looks clean!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »
This car is now provisionally sold to a young man who I'm sure will give it all the TLC a G40 should get.
That being the case and considering I'm now chasing 69 years of age, I don't think I will be having another one. G ownership has been nothing but fun for me; I've driven an original AC Cobra full whack and a Mercedes M Class AMG in similar fashion. I have had a crack at quite a lot of other " performance" cars and have fifty years of driving under my belt and the lasting memory will be the G.
Most of us who own G's benefit greatly from access to the G40 Club and the wealth of knowledge and experience it offers. The club itself seems to be morphing into a more mature venue and I sincerely hope it continues to thrive. My thanks and best wishes to all the stalwarts ( I don't think I have to name names ) and I hope you're all still G drivers ten years from now.
             Regards, John.

Offline Lionheart

• Members
  • Back on the road
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 07:02:08 pm »
I thought you were saving this for me! Glad it's gone to a good home. Totally agree with your comments, though my 'garage' would also have a 7 in it and .... And .....

Offline victoriap15

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 03:35:12 pm »
Hi John........sorry to read that your wife's health prevents her driving and you have to let your little beauty go. We have exchanged posts a year or so ago.  You were so kind and helpful to me as a new Club member, and I appreciated it. All the very best to you and your wife and if you don't get a decent price for your motor, there is no justice.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »
Hope he looks after it John.