Author Topic: The introduction  (Read 3271 times)

Offline adzgtr

• Members
The introduction
« on: December 13, 2008, 12:33:05 pm »
hello all,

im new on here so i thought id say hi and review myself for u guys :P) sorry if its a bit long,

3 years ago i started out a car nut but unsure of were to go i nearly ended up with an ae86 (shame i didnt) but looked about and ended up with an civic ek3 (ek9 lookalike) in losing my job and travling on tour (inline skater) i couldnt afford inusrance on it.

ended up with a 106 quicksilver (witch i still have, given to my girlfriend) drove that for years and wanted somthing faster went and looked at the g40 for ages but non in a good condition. stumbled on my first real love the mazda 323 gtr witch is still an on going project (pics will be below).

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9...mperlipnm2.jpg

i then started at collage doing motorsport engineering i have bin there nearly 2 years now and has given me a good understanding of cars. im now a rare car enthuisast with 323 gtr but need somthing every day as the gtr is 1.8 turbo awd 320 bhp 1000 kg monster.

i got my hands on a micra super s witch is a fun lil car but its not that economical dew to being ecc managment(electronicly conttroled carb's) i share this car with my grand perants now, and i did have a honda civic ej2 coupe.
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/8979/p4052359do8.jpg
 but that was stolen with i the month of owning it managed to get the guy who stole its integra zx insted witch i bin building back up was very eco untill the bottem end went so i droped a d16z6 fully rebuild and tuned making 150ish bhp kept up with preludes :) witch im rebuilding again as i have a new air bench to work on.

now this is were it gets intresting im 21 and i want to sell everythink up inc car parts i have laying around. gtr is going to be a full on track car with odd meet use. and i bin looking around for somthing rare i looked about and nothing jap really tickles my fancey maybe the toyota yaris. im walking home from collage and i see this in recaros tuning bay i think to mayself i forgot about them there supercharged arent they get home and do the search and here i am :) noticed people are getting 50 mpg with the supercharger on a relay there rare and fast and eco what else would i want.

now im just searching for a cheapish one to pick up and have some fun in start modifying for efficancy and handling. i will be fully looking next year the price's do seem quite high atm and not many local to brighton.

i got a few questions about the car.

most restrictive parts
any regular problems
whats the handling liek on standerd
what are the best places to get parts and performance parts from for these cars ??

there probally be more but i wont go to far :)

thanks adz

ps sorry about any spelling im on a laptop

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
Re: The introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 05:56:20 pm »
So can you clarify what car are you talking about getting?

I don't know about anybody getting 50mpg, I think that's a bit high maybe 45 on a good run more like 35 as an average if you enjoy driving it.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about the charger being on a relay? The charger is permanently being driven relative to the crank. It's not always doing much work though because it only creates boost pressure when you close the boost return valve with the bottom half of the throttle peddle.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 01:40:23 am »
welcome.

Offline adzgtr

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 05:48:22 pm »
ello

"So can you clarify what car are you talking about getting?"

im looking a polo g40 for an every day car :)

i thought 50 was a lil high but when the supercharger has a clutch fitted to a switch inside the car it can be run with and or without and or pressure switch on the peddle.

35 is a lil low thats the same as a stock mazda 323 gtr

whats the ecu like dose it need eeprom drives installed or already equiped with them ??

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 08:20:00 pm »
ello

"
i thought 50 was a lil high but when the supercharger has a clutch fitted to a switch inside the car it can be run with and or without and or pressure switch on the peddle.

The G Lader doesn't have a clutch fitted, and the boost bypass is a mechanical linkage connected to the throttle as opposed to electronic control.

Offline adzgtr

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 10:18:51 pm »
doh ahh ok im still lookgin into more info on these cars theres a guy doen the road who built a pritty nice one fom skratch see what he has to say