Author Topic: Jabbasport, Peterborough  (Read 31055 times)

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Jabbasport, Peterborough
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:01:25 pm »
JabbaSport Ltd,
Postland Road
Off A1073,
Crowland,
Nr. Peterborough,
PE6 0JB,
Opening Times: Mon-Fri 9-5:30pm Sat 9-1pm Sun Closed

Was reccommended to me by two of my friends who have both had Charger Rebuilds done there.

So called them up, said i would like to bring my charger in for a service one saturday and pick it up the next. Not a problem she said, see you next week.

Got down there very friendly, met the guy who deals with the Chargers (Brian) had a chat with him for a while then left.
On my return a week later, the charger was ready and Brian was there to talk me through everything he had done. With Pictures etc. so i was aware of anything that needed attention.

Payed and left after ten minutes, very happy with the service on the charger and the level of customer service i recieved. I would reccommend Jabbasport to anyone.

Wozza
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:03:15 pm by wozzaG40 »

Offline dannyb.G40

• Members
Re: Jabbasport, Peterborough
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:18 pm »
very helpful, im about to send my charger to them for a stage 4 rebuild this weekend and was a bit apprehensive as i've heard some bad stuff but that was over on club polo and people tend to pass opinion on things they don 't actually have any knowledge of.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 03:43:45 pm »
They are very helpful chaps. Gonna see them about installing my eaton when I get it. Easy for me as they're only down the road!

If anyone needs a lift/cup of Whilst visiting them, let me know.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »
I will hold you to that mate  ;D

Offline teamcmc cl

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 08:22:35 pm »
they are indeed verry helpfull and like you said wozza brian is def in the know, tbh ive heard some bad stuff too but i recon most of it is made up, especially if it comes from club polo, we all know what some of those peeps can be like lol. but yea top blokes and will def be visiting for my custom re-map.  ;D

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 06:02:34 pm »
I will hold you to that mate  ;D

white with sugar?

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 01:34:27 pm »
well ive never delt with them for anything, but i have heard bad reports, and have 3 or 4 myself

ive had 3 chargers previously that i have aquired, and on examining, one was half ported, 2 have had a "service" and left original bearings in one side

and the weekend just gone, cracked open a charger off a car i bought, same again, one side original vag bearing in there, and the apex seals they commonly cut them down as its too much effort to make them fit lol

obv cutting them down leaves big gaps at the ends, again not good

maybe they have changed who they employ now, who knows, but if my charger went pop and i checked and saw it had original bearing in, i would be pissed, and would seek costs from them, and legally you can prove it all, so you could even claim it all back im sure...

but i drifted a bit there

The thing with charger services is they give you a closed charger, you cant check it so its going off trust, and by my above comments, they seem to abuse that trust

What they should do is take pictures as they do it, but they wont, as they dont change the bearings lol

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 02:09:26 pm »
This is a useful topic ... ty all.

I was looking at having my charger re-built at Jabba but have also 'heard' negative things.  I figured that they've been around such a long time now they can't be that bad and it must be gossip?

I phoned them up and they were very helpful on the phone.  I also think they're prices have dropped a little in the past 6 months which is always a bonus! One point - you have to speak to one of their charger guys as the main receptionist didn't know too much about the detail (only to be expected).

Still haven't had my charger done (don't worry ... it's not about to blow up!) but still dithering about who to send it to.

Hope I'm not sticking my nose in here but it is useful to hear people's experiences with companies.

jonboy

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 02:25:25 pm »
thing is, you only hear about the bad stuff! how often do your hear of people getting praise on forums? very rarely at best!
the charger on my car was rebuilt by jabbasport and has been fine.  covered 60k of sensible driving without fuss.
now im not being funny but most g40s get driven hard, when they get driven.  many are just weekend toys, so are not used on a regular basis, all of which could have some sort of effect on the mechanicals.
granted it doesnt excuse only changing half the bearings or only porting half the charger etc. though

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 10:47:49 pm »
well ive never delt with them for anything, but i have heard bad reports, and have 3 or 4 myself

ive had 3 chargers previously that i have aquired, and on examining, one was half ported, 2 have had a "service" and left original bearings in one side

and the weekend just gone, cracked open a charger off a car i bought, same again, one side original vag bearing in there, and the apex seals they commonly cut them down as its too much effort to make them fit lol

obv cutting them down leaves big gaps at the ends, again not good

maybe they have changed who they employ now, who knows, but if my charger went pop and i checked and saw it had original bearing in, i would be pissed, and would seek costs from them, and legally you can prove it all, so you could even claim it all back im sure...

but i drifted a bit there

The thing with charger services is they give you a closed charger, you cant check it so its going off trust, and by my above comments, they seem to abuse that trust

What they should do is take pictures as they do it, but they wont, as they dont change the bearings lol

They gave my a very detailed script of what they did even step by step pics of where damage had occured and the work they had done to repair it, gave me all the old apex seals etc, i mean how much more can you trust a garage????

I for one am very cautious when it comes to using garages of any kind and prefer my friends to do the work for me where i can help out and learn a fair but. But for the charger i just did not want the hassle. You could be right Dan and it may go bang at some point but hopefully not. As i have said above (i think) 3 g's 3 chargers all serviced at Jabba and no problems as of yet and thats been a few years now.

But everyone has a different experience i guess, can only speak form my own :-)

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 12:24:26 am »
yeah i agree with you dude, thats fair enough, but ironically i picked up another g40 and had the charger examined, and shock horror, serviced by jabba, one of the main bearings that should have been replaced with a service, was a standard factory bearing!

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 12:12:43 pm »
Does make for an interesting arguement.

Was there not a scandal a while ago about people just sticking Jabbasport stickers on there charger and saying they had been serviced? was wondering if that might play a part in this? Or have all the ones you checked over had paperwork?

Be very interested to take mine apart now and have a look now.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 12:47:43 pm »
well the last 2 i had paperwork for!

if it was me id ask for the bearings they replaced back off them lol

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »
Very interesting!

Now you mention it, im sure i got all of the old ones in a bag with the old apex seals. I knew there was a reason to keep old junk lying around :-)

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 08:44:30 pm »
the thing you also got to take into consideration is that they could give you apex seals and bearings etc. from any old charger that they have done or have there.

hope your charger is fine. i have heard some people swear by them and others slag them off. aint dealt with jabbasport so i cant pass opinion. but i will say one thing. never use aw tracksport. they suck big time. tucked me right up.