Author Topic: Stack  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Stack
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:37:37 pm »
Well i had a problem with my air fuel ratio gauge and it was just over 2 years old.

Started to get the digits missing and wasn't happy as i couldn't read it. So i spoke to stack and they told me to go through the dealer i bought it from, which was Merlin Motorsport. Another good company. They sent the gauge off and Stack said i will have to pay £35 to get the problem fixed, which isn't bad for a £230 gauge! They then got back in touch and said they will fix it as a good will gesture.

In the end they said it wasn't repairable so they sent me a brand new gauge. Couldn't of asked for a better service really.

If anyone has a similar problem in the future, dont do direct to stack cause they will just tell you to go to the dealer you got it from. Seems a bit pointless when it goes to them in the end anyway.

Offline NeilG40

• Members
Re: Stack
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:07:34 pm »
Fair enough, but what would happen if you'd bought from a dealer no longer in existence?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 05:29:52 pm »
If anyone has a similar problem in the future, dont do direct to stack cause they will just tell you to go to the dealer you got it from. Seems a bit pointless when it goes to them in the end anyway.

that's just how supply chains work.  Merlin (or whoever the reseller is) will separate the idiots asking stupid questions from the serious people and then the serious queries will get filtered down to Stack themselves.

It's dead good of them to replace it for you!  I guess stopping working after two years isn't what you expect from a premium product like that.  Can't fault companies who sort the problems out though.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »
Yeah i can't complain with a new gauge. Only come with a 1 year warranty so it was really nice of them.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:34:06 pm »
Happy to hear this james after we spoke about it, may end up getting one now to match the rest of my stack stuff  ;D

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 12:27:20 pm »
They do look nice when they are all the same. Will be selling my mechanical oil pressure gauge to get a pro stepper one soon.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »
This has started to happen to my autometer wideband afr gauge after 4 years. Got two of the segments out on the 888 matrix. Doubt I'll get a replacement because I bought it from a dealer on US Ebay. I reckon mine was caused by excessive heat loosning the solder on the circuit board due to being right next to heater matrix blower outlet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:51:21 pm by Nick_S »