Author Topic: G40 on eBay in Durham.  (Read 2068 times)

Offline paulg40

• Members
G40 on eBay in Durham.
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:23:17 am »
Just a word of warning.

The black g40 that is currently for sale on eBay with the 14" golf bbs wheels on is not as described. The reason I am putting this post up is in the hope that anyone looking would either maybe have a look in this forum or be part of it already.

The guy has listed this car a number of times. It has a Cat C write off marked against it and he does not mention it, and yes he does know about it. He says now a time waster is the reason for the relist but you would be waisting your time if you expect the car to be as described.

If you so go have a look, check out the inner wing on drivers side. I don't think it looks straight and also look at the side of the drivers side front suspension turret.

There is a dent in the B-pillar with  damage to the drivers door from what looks like a previous forced entry attempt. The engine is leaking oil (easy fix) but look under the car and you will see its been leaking for a while. Throttle cable sticking and tyres are shot! So how it has an mot I have no idea. I didn't drive it as it didn't look road worthy to me so god knows what else is wrong.
Oh yeah and the sunroof has a massive scratch on top.

This guy is a trader and should know better than to sell cars without giving details such as a Previous Cat C. Thank goodness for HPI.

Shame as this car should be saved from such poor owners but I wouldn't pay what he is expecting for it (2500-3000).  

Fingers crossed someone doesn't buy it without knowing the issues.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:24:54 am by paulg40 »

Offline chris2911

• Members
Re: G40 on eBay in Durham.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:40:29 am »
I went to view it yesterday and it really needs lots of tlc he also said to me you were a timewaster that bidded and didn't turn up I tried to keep a straight face.

only went to view as im only 10mins from the dealer his feedback has 3-4 negitives all to do with items not as described

ive posted similar to this on club polo too

Offline chris2911

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:41:40 pm »

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »
The hell!! The desription is for a ford cortina!!!