Author Topic: Bloody Starter motor...  (Read 3107 times)

Offline rocore

• Members
Bloody Starter motor...
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:51:45 pm »
tried changing my starter today...

got to the last bloody bolt, the one that holds the exhaust bracket? 19mm? it won't efing budge, soaked with WD, had a bar on it and its not going anywhere... any suggestions? really pissed me off!

Offline NeilG40

• Members
Re: Bloody Starter motor...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:28:40 pm »
Have you got access to an air/electric impact gun?

Offline rocore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 05:35:52 pm »
yeah... but i don't think i'll get it in there! Tomorrow i'm going to remove the exhaust and see if i can make access a bit easier... don't you just hate jobs like this... I almost had a Basil Faulty moment.. I had to walk away and have a quiet word with myself.

Offline rocore

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 03:00:07 pm »
Got the bolt off... fitted it all back together and now there's no bloody spark! traced everything through and can't see anything wrong so i think it must be engine management system or something...

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 09:05:09 pm »
don't you just hate jobs like this... I almost had a Basil Faulty moment.. I had to walk away and have a quiet word with myself.

RIGHT! that's it...... I've warned you......you..you BASTARD! Runs off and get a tree branch and starts thrashing the car!!! ;D ;D That was such a classic funny Basil Fawlty moment!

Mmm, no spark eh? I'd check the coil and hall sensor connections, then the relays on the ECU bracket.

Offline rocore

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 10:02:59 pm »
I'm sending it to the garage tomorrow... haven't got time to do it... need to get my Transit through its MOT as I have to trek to plymouth in it on Thursday night.