Author Topic: My new car  (Read 6704 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
My new car
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:10:28 pm »
Well got bored of the S3, as much as i loved it, it will be missed. So i swapped it got a Mk2 Golf G60 Edition One.

Its been well looked after and lots of money spent on it.

Got a stage 4 charger, 68mm pulley, chip to match, BVH, Jetex exhaust system, de cat and jabba induction kit. Last owner said that jabba told him its around 210+.

Might make this faster but will probably leave it. Need to get a few things like oil cooler and bulbs for the digifiz dash. Give it a service and its all good. Charger was serviced about 1 month ago so thats all good.

Also got a Rallye front end which are not cheap at all, the grille is 250 Euros! and BBS RM's with a 2.5" dish on them. Had a full re-spray 4 years ago and had little things like the rear seams welded and wiper holes covered etc. The receipts i got are just crazy price!

Its a really nice car to drive even though its a left hooker, got electric recaros, elec windows, power steering, ABS, its got quite a lot of modern stuff in it which makes it nice i think. Only thing it dont have is aircon but im not gonna loose sleep over that.

Anyway here she is

Still got the G40 though ;)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:15:35 pm by Jezza-7 »

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: My new car
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:30:04 pm »
Which is the daily then now?! Be careful it can get pretty boring looking after two high maintenance old cars. Ask me how I know.

Lovely motor though and in good condition from the photos.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »
Thats next level!
Looks amazing! Very jealous. If you ever fancy two g40's ill swap ya :P

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 05:48:01 pm »
Nice ride  8)

Dash is funky!

I like the seats! Hope it works out for you.

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 06:35:55 pm »
Is it quick?

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »
Lovely piece of metal there James, but LHD will ultimately piss you off.

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 09:16:27 pm »
Awesome car, how does it compare to the g40?

Offline Freddy77

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 10:36:45 pm »
I can vouch for it being quick some nice phots there like the comparason one
Lhd is fun until your overtaking but apart from that ive never complained

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »
Chers guys,

Luckily i dont do enough driving to have a daily as most of my driving is weekend driving so there both daily's i suppose.

The seats are soo comfy and they hug you really well.

LHD isnt a problem now. Im quite used to it and its a completely different driving experience but i think at the moment i prefer it. With the hydraulic clutch and PAS it makes it a lovely car to drive. It does on average 8.5 litres per 100km so thats not too bad.

Robin, its quick and spins the wheels very easily even in 3rd and sometimes 4th gear. gets to 200km easily but havent really gave it a proper thrashing to see what its really like.

I would say compared to the g40 its very different. Cause my g40 is very modified i find the boost delivery a bit different but i think its down to the size of the engine and the throttle body on the g60 has two inlet butterflies and a return butterfly. What is interesting from what i read is that the g40 and g60 engine have the same compression ratio. And there both 8v.

The golf is 1080kg, whereas the polo is 830kg and power to weight goes in the polos favor but i reckon the golf would be quicker more top end due to bigger engine. Will have to put them up together and see. Seen a few vids on m3's and edition 30's getting out run by g60's but g40's are in the same league.

Oh my mate came over at weekend and reckons the BBS are RS not RM.

Offline Snave

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »
you are a very lucky man !  8)

Offline vee-dub90

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 06:32:23 pm »
Love it!