Author Topic: A G40 engined MK1 to be? counts right?  (Read 12519 times)

Offline JoeH

• Members
Re: A G40 engined MK1 to be? counts right?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 12:38:38 pm »
Wow!

What made you come back to the G40 engine? (lets hear some love for it)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 04:46:09 pm »
Quite a journey, I like the colour!

PY engine and an 02J would go nicely in this, coupled with a g60 blower  8)

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 10:20:10 pm »
Quite a journey, I like the colour!

PY engine and an 02J would go nicely in this, coupled with a g60 blower  8)

Thanks! I spent quite a long time choosing the colour, I very very nearly painted it blue. But glad I didn't

Yes indeed it would!! And there's masses of room in the golf bay for a g60 blower :D especially without a scuttle tray. You can get conversion mounts to fit o2j boxes. You still selling the adapter plates?

I may have temporarily bought an abf lump, just purely to get it on the road for summer as I won't be able to afford a g40 lump and completely rebuild it this year, more than likely summer 2017. Plus that way gives me more time to find a reasonably priced one, or one in lots of bits :P

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 10:25:16 pm »
Wow!

What made you come back to the G40 engine? (lets hear some love for it)

I absolutely loved the power delivery on my G40. When I first got my dc2 integra I actually rang my friend saying I think its broken because it felt so slow in comparison to the g40. I love the power delivery of the g40. It also manages to return 40mpg! Even my old one with 1341cc and big valve head. I used to have a ppp exhaust and it sounded so good! Better than the integra. I used to have toothies too! Love that supercharger whine!

The little golf weighs the same as a g40 so it would be so good with a g40 lump in it. Just a shame engine are so expensive now!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 10:25:59 pm »
Yoof would an o2o box cope with g40 power?  Save me much hassle

Offline physicsfool

• Members
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 10:41:56 pm »
Yes lad, top work as always

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:55 am »
Yoof would an o2o box cope with g40 power?  Save me much hassle

Doesn't save you much hassle, still need to get an adapter plate between the PY lump and 02O

Engine mount available off the shelf for Mk1 Golf and 02J, I think you'd have to make the A-mount (not difficult)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 10:01:43 am »
Awesome. Just sat and read it all over the course of an hour. Well done you, top work! Wish I had all the knowledge and skills for painting. I was umming and arring about working on mine today but you've inspired me to crack on! I'm 90% the way there with my G40 and last week was given one of my first mk2 Golf GTI's back (sold it to a mate 12 years ago!) which is now a bare shell pretty much.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 07:40:08 am »
Awesome. Just sat and read it all over the course of an hour. Well done you, top work! Wish I had all the knowledge and skills for painting. I was umming and arring about working on mine today but you've inspired me to crack on! I'm 90% the way there with my G40 and last week was given one of my first mk2 Golf GTI's back (sold it to a mate 12 years ago!) which is now a bare shell pretty much.

:D awesome! Thanks dude, glad you enjoyed the read :)

Haha! That is absolutely awesome! Did you by it back of your mate or have to track it down? Any plans for it? A bare shell is the best starting project, can make it whatever you want :P