Author Topic: Polo 86c treffen Holland 2014  (Read 4913 times)

Offline kano

• Members
Polo 86c treffen Holland 2014
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:27:14 pm »
In 8 months time il be at this show,,,I organise a euro rd trip over for the club polo3 it will be our 3rd year at this show and each year it gets better and better,,its a polo paradise ,so with time ticking by rather quickly im advertising this over on other forums to try and drum up more interest from the UK polo scene,,at the mo not much details of the trip have been put up as where looking to see who's interested in going..

Accomodation isnt a problem as we have a nice place in Holland for us all to stay,but next year we are going to Wolfsburg home of the VW so the rd trip will be 2 days extra...if you fancy a trip over to see some awesome polos then let me know or if you'd like to organise your own trip over then ive got plenty of info just ask and il sort the info you need..

Heres the flyer for the Holland treffen

link to polo3 euro rd trip thread

http://z8.invisionfree.com/POLO3/index.php?showtopic=16391

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: Polo 86c treffen Holland 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:51:54 pm »
I am definitly game for this!! Any excuse to road trip the G!
when more details come availible can you pm me?
many thanks

Offline kano

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:02:03 pm »
I did this trip in my Eaton g40 back in 2012 and didnt miss a beat,covered around 1000 miles,but next years trip will be longer,that year there was a few UK g40's that went...

Yes il pm anyone who's interested in this rd trip,,il get all details of the full trip,accomodation, rough costs as this changes due to the euro and events...all will be posted up very soon

Thanks

Offline physicsfool

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 04:27:16 pm »
Sounds like a hoot. If i get my postgrad funding count me in.

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »
Ive done it since we started goin its not just a awesome polo show but a great roadtrip with fellow enthusiasts! Cant wait for it an the dutch are a right laugh an really down to earth! The cabins in holland a perfect for what we need theres everything near by aswell plus theres more cool polos/audi 50s than you can shake a stick at!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:01:59 pm »
This is sounding epic!
Yeah that would be great if you could do all that! Cheers mate :)

Offline kano

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »
Ive been sorting a price list out for the upcoming trip to Holland/Germany in April 2014...

Ferrys/Train
--------------

There is various ways to get to Holland,but the main is by ferry,,,ideally we'd like us all to travel as a group but we understand people cant...

There is 3 main ferry ports that do a ferry to Holland they are,please remember prices could change.

Newcastle-Amsterdam dfds seaways,return ferry is £317 for 2 or 1 people...time 5pm-09.30am...overnight travel

Hull-Rotterdam P&O ferrys,return £298 2 people or £283 for 1 person...time 8.30pm-08.00am...overnight travel

Harwich-Hook of Holland Stena line,return varies from around £210,,there is 2 ferrys that run, a day time 1 from 9.00am-4.45pm,or overnight 11.15pm-07.45am.

You could go by Euro tunnel prices vary from £110-£142 return,,but you would have to drive through France,Belgium and to Holland and would have to sort a nights stay over somewhere..

Accomodation
----------------

Where planning on staying in Holland for 3 nights and in Germany for 2 nights

Holland where staying here at http://www.barendonk.nl/campsite-cottages,,we have stayed here for the past 2 visits to Holland and is a very nice place to stay and cheap to...

Campsite cottage Standard for 4 people its 40 euros per night plus taxes..
Campsite cottages Plus for 5 people its 55 euros per night plus taxes

Germany im planning us staying at http://www.bernsteinsee.de/startseite/urla.../ferienhaeuser/

Ive not worked out prices yet as these offer varius accomodation from log cabins to apartments,,this site isnt very far from Wolfsburg..

Dates/Travel
--------------

The dates for the trip is travel from Thursday 10th April,,Arrive in Holland Friday 11th stay in Holland till 14th April then travel to Germany and stay till the 16th and drive back to ferry etc..

Whilst in Holland we are going to the polo show Polo 86c treffen Holland on the 13th April,,then In Germany we will be going to Wolfsburg where there is plenty of museums to visit over 2 days http://volkswagen-automuseum.de/.. http://www.autostadt.de/en/and

Fuel/Spending
----------------

Costing of fuel depends on what car you come in and how heavy your foot is,,if you get the ferry your looking around 800 miles around europe,,if you go by euro tunnel or ferry from dover your looking at 1100-1200 miles round europe.....mileage could change so your looking around £130-£150+ on fuel..

Spending money ive took around 300 euro's and always come home with change.....but next years trip we are going to Wolfsburg so more will be required..

Il update this more when i get more info but this gives you a rough idea on things,but i will also require a deposit to secure your accomodation this will be non refundable so you will need to be 110% sure you wanna go on this trip....any questions please ask away..