Author Topic: i asked the DVLA how many G40's were left.  (Read 3882 times)

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
i asked the DVLA how many G40's were left.
« on: December 01, 2008, 06:41:53 pm »
i recently sent the dvla an e-mail to see how many genuine chargers were left, this is the reply i got.

Thank you for your email.

Sale of anonymised  vehicle data extracted from the DVLA vehicle register is now available through some commercial selling agents. The data  does not include the name and address of vehicle keepers, vehicle registration number, vehicle identification or engine number. This information has been omitted to protect and ensure the anonymity of individual vehicle keepers. The data does include partial postcode information that will for example, enable the distribution of vehicles across Great Britain to be deduced by make, model and body type.

Data from Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands, which have their own vehicle registers, is not included in the scheme.

We believe the data to be of tremendous value to industry in advertising campaigns, and for deciding the optimum location for siting dealerships or retail outlets.

Details of these selling agents can be found on the Transport Office website www.transportoffice.gov.uk

From the homepage click on "other businesses" then on "sale of data" then on "vehicle check companies and sale of anonymised data"

I trust this is helpful.

Regards

Ms E L Davies
www.direct.gov.uk/motoring 

Offline lance

• Members
Re: i asked the DVLA how many G40's were left.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:37:37 pm »
freedom of info act????? ::)

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:14:10 pm »
So .... anyone know anyone who works for any of those companies?!  I wonder if we can ring them and see if they'll provide it?  Maybe we'll have to pretend to be a car dealer!?

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:14:51 pm »
I fired off a letter to them a couple of days ago too. Should be interesting to see if it duplicates.. If it does, I'll try pressing them as to the identity of the third parties they say have been given the information.