Author Topic: What should I do??  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
  • Rebuild time almost over
What should I do??
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:30:36 am »
Hi all I have already asked pete but could is have your opinions/advice please.

My G is my daily and recently has decided to throw it's toys about. I have found the head gasket needs doing and now I have had everything tested I can't get any oil pressure, this made me think the main bearings have play causing the pressure loss. Not the oil pump or pick up points because the engine isn't sounding like it's running dry and hasn't seized.

I was wondering how you would go about it?? I was thinking about getting all the parts myself and rebuilding the bottom end bearings and maybe rings?? Then get the head skimmed and have a metal head gasket?? 

What do you think could it be somthing else?? As it's my daily I need to do somthing quickly. All advice appreciated.

Thanks Jake.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: What should I do?? run the en
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »
Where are you not seeing oil pressure Jake? If big ends and  mains were that bad,you'd be having a bit of a death rattle and that would happen over a long period. If the head gasket's already suspect, you're probably pumping oil into a cylinder or waterway. If in doubt, or if you reckon the sensors might be faulty, run the engine on idle and slowly slacken off one of the oil pressure sensors to see what's getting to the top.

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
  • Rebuild time almost over
Re: What should I do??
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:24 pm »
Apprently the garage tested the oil system and they couldn't get any pressure. Yeh the head gasket is leaking into the water way not any of the cylinders. I have had the sensors changed and they didn't say anything about water in the oil or anything as they ran it on idle at the time.