Author Topic: No more Cat & Fiddle  (Read 2081 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
No more Cat & Fiddle
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:56:46 am »
My favourite road ever.  If this is true (have seen similar reports before which never actually happened but this seems fairly definite) then it's a sad, sad day.  I was planning on having a drive on it when my arm got better but looks like that wont happen.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/February/feb1210-Average-speed-cameras-installed-on-Cat-and-Fiddle-from-Tuesday/

Also looks like we'll have to rethink part of our clubg40 rally, or just not have fun on way to tatton park.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: No more Cat & Fiddle
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:04:38 am »
be fine.. just have to keep it under 50mph

Offline samg40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:19:57 am »
Another cash cow for them, it does make me wonder what 'fun' people will be allowed in another twenty years.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:28:10 am »
be fine.. just have to keep it under 50mph

not really going to happen!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:33:16 am »
i expect many bikers number plates will mysteriously fall off at the start of it and then be found in their jacket at the end of it.

Offline ben_91

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:40:49 am »
bastards... I love that road!

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 04:48:05 pm »
I know I shouldn’t be a bore but about time really to be honest, a lot of accidents and deaths on that road due to excessive and dangerous speeds by a number of bikers/drivers.

Still a shame but i think it is needed, unless of course we can all remove our lead foots from the favoured pedal and slow down?? didn’t think so  ;D

i expect many bikers number plates will mysteriously fall off at the start of it and then be found in their jacket at the end of it.

Can not say i have ever thought of doing that Pete, although as a biker i have not really had to deal with average speed camers being able to catch me, well atleast i hope not as i would of lost my license a few times over on the M25.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:51:04 pm by wozzaG40 »

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 05:27:46 pm »
gutted to hear this :'(, i liked the part on the G40 rally last year when everyones brakes were smoking when we got to the end. looks like its snake pass next year then.

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:16:19 pm »
Mmmm I know where they are coming from, 50 is such a bore though, 60 would be better.

To be fair its every sensible person that has to suffer with that because of all the nutters doing silly speeds.

Is there a layby you can pause for a sandwich in?

I wonder how long it is before someone works out what time you have to do it in to average 50mph, then gets a stopwatch going. I bet you have to be going some to average 50.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 07:02:18 pm »
depends where the cameras are located I guess but yeah I'm sure people will work out a method of doing some ragging and then stopping somewhere to not get an average between cameras of over 50. 

plus since its a very twisty road (well the good part of it is anyway), 50 average is giving it some round those bends.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 03:40:56 pm »
Shit feel for you guys if they did it to any of my local roads like cheddar gorge murder comes to mind!