Author Topic: Alloy toothed pullies - group buy  (Read 3917 times)

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
Alloy toothed pullies - group buy
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:17:50 pm »
Ok, spoken to GD Precision (which will be made the same as the PSD phase 2 pullies) about these and I can get a batch of 10 made, which is the minium order level.

Having discussed it in detail the lead time on these would be 5 weeks and the cost, once P & P and paypal fees is taken into account is £200 (might be slightly less). Which doesn't account for the belt.

So who is interested?

I know i will want two sets so:

1. Dekerf1996
2. Dekerf1996

Offline mrtom22

• Members
Re: Alloy toothed pullies - group buy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:59:29 am »
What coating do these have? I know the Phase 1's had a harder anodizing and lasted longer but thats just what ive read :)

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 11:19:30 pm »
They are specially heat treaded, sent off from the manufacturer to do so, hence the 5 week lead time

Have heard of them wearing quickly (but none of them worn out) and also lasting 20k miles with minimal wear. I guess it depends on driving conditions, belt type, alignment and tension

Don't know how long the phase 1 lasted, maybe someone could comment

Realistically for me at 20k as a minimum, that would be 4 years of dailying of 8-10 years of my weekend toy, so plenty of wear in them compared to the cost

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:21:01 am »
What coating do these have? I know the Phase 1's had a harder anodizing and lasted longer but thats just what ive read :)

the original ones PSD had made by Pace were steel, not aluminium so weren't anodised at all.  Strong but heavy.

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:06 am »

the original ones PSD had made by Pace were steel, not aluminium so weren't anodised at all.  Strong but heavy.

Never realised the phase 1 ones where steel.

These ones are the phase 2 which are alloy and therefore lighter, but do suffer a bit of wear. How much depends one who you talk to. As for the exact coating i am unsure, but believe it to be some kind of anodising which is supposed to increase the life/reduce wear on these pullies.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:44:49 am »
yes the aluminium ones were anodised.

The worst worn ones I saw were where people had used the wrong type of belt with the wrong tooth profile, wore the teeth on the pulleys to points.  But you can't really blame the pulleys for that.

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 03:21:58 pm »
Exactly, which is why i want a couple of sets of these.

Pete sells the correct belts for these too now, so that should avoid the issue :-)

Offline Pyrogav

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »
Have you still any off these kits

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »
Nope, none got made as there wasn't the demand for them

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 02:59:44 pm »

Never realised the phase 1 ones where steel.

These ones are the phase 2 which are alloy and therefore lighter, but do suffer a bit of wear. How much depends one who you talk to. As for the exact coating i am unsure, but believe it to be some kind of anodising which is supposed to increase the life/reduce wear on these pullies.
psd phase one werent steel. They were alloy but harder anodising