Author Topic: 250cc injectors  (Read 2326 times)

Offline poloandyb

• Members
250cc injectors
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:41:36 pm »
hi all a quick question iv just upgraded some components on my gee and woundered if i can run green injectors with this set up
r1 charger
gt manifold
larger intercooler
65mm pulley
alittle porting on the inlet side of head and gt manifold
001 ppp chip

iv tried to run it with a 003 chip on them mods but it just dosent want to run

any advice would be great

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:13:36 pm by poloandyb »

Offline AlexG40

• Members
Re: 250cc injectors
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 04:25:10 pm »
I wouldn't have said it needed 250cc injectors. But as long as the chip is right you could run them.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »
whatever chip you put it has to be matched to the injectors you have.  So if chip 003 is meant for 250cc injectors it wont run very well (if at all) with standard 180cc injectors.  And if you put 250cc injectors in with a chip designed for 180cc injectors then it also wont work.

When you get to about 160bhp you probably want to think about upgrading injectors to 250cc as much beyond that you'll max out the standard ones.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »
Will reply to your email tomorrow with a bit more detail, but run it on G40001 and stock injectors for now. Ignition timing should be set to standard spec (blue temp sender unplugged etc) for both chips.

Offline tez

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:43:17 pm »
Andy, how much do you charge for injector testing and cleaning? I've got some Ford blue top Bosch injectors I want doing, they're matched to an SNS chip I have.

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 09:44:42 pm »
whatever chip you put it has to be matched to the injectors you have.  So if chip 003 is meant for 250cc injectors it wont run very well (if at all) with standard 180cc injectors.  And if you put 250cc injectors in with a chip designed for 180cc injectors then it also wont work.

When you get to about 160bhp you probably want to think about upgrading injectors to 250cc as much beyond that you'll max out the standard ones.

thanks for the reply,i put a 003 chip in with the 250cc injectors and it wount run one bit,wouldnt rev wouldnt idle,wouldnt tickover.i then put the 001 chip back in and kept the 250cc injectors in,results are great,it runs spot on!!!ticks over fantastic revs nice and gose realy well...infact the 001 chip works better with the 250cc injectors then it ever did with the standard injectors in..most confusing
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:51:52 pm by poloandyb »

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:10:06 pm »
could simply mean theres some other underlying fault or incorrect settings ..

have you got correct timing, co pot ? were you standard injectors known to be good?

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 10:31:52 pm »
could simply mean theres some other underlying fault or incorrect settings ..

have you got correct timing, co pot ? were you standard injectors known to be good?

yeah timings spot on,as for the standard injectors,it ran well with them in,it kept up with both me other mates that had gee engines so i would say their good.

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 10:46:48 pm »
the injectors are not a performance enhancement as such...

people normally change them as they become a "limiting factor" ..

as 'hayesey' said 160bhp and more require larger injectors as the standard too close the there limit and then start to harness power gains..

fitting larger injectors on a g40 which is maybe only 140bhp could well be a waste and some would argue worse for the car as the injectors as not at there optimum operating Cycle which affects spray pattern and so forth..

if you are going to choose to use 250cc injectors on a map that is designed for 180cc injectors..
a would advise at least going to local performance garage or local tuner and having the cars air/fuel mixture tested by probe...

The car might run fine but you might find it could run better :)

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 11:08:21 pm »
the injectors are not a performance enhancement as such...

people normally change them as they become a "limiting factor" ..

as 'hayesey' said 160bhp and more require larger injectors as the standard too close the there limit and then start to harness power gains..

fitting larger injectors on a g40 which is maybe only 140bhp could well be a waste and some would argue worse for the car as the injectors as not at there optimum operating Cycle which affects spray pattern and so forth..

if you are going to choose to use 250cc injectors on a map that is designed for 180cc injectors..
a would advise at least going to local performance garage or local tuner and having the cars air/fuel mixture tested by probe...

The car might run fine but you might find it could run better :)

yeah thats the next step,to book it into a tuner to get it set up right.just baffled why it would run great with a chip that's not designed for that kind of injector and run realy poor with the right chip iv got for the injector

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 11:31:16 pm »
If you could then i would always advise a custom code over any generic map being made, every engine is different there for the map is only a rough area of what you have described your car set up.

A hope you get the results your looking for.

Terry

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 12:05:01 am »
thanks terry,im shure it'll get sorted with help from andy at ppp.my future plans are to get a live map but it's only going to be on the road for another couple of months,then its going to be stripped again,body resprayed and some other upgrades on the engine

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 03:54:33 am »
Will reply to your email tomorrow with a bit more detail, but run it on G40001 and stock injectors for now. Ignition timing should be set to standard spec (blue temp sender unplugged etc) for both chips.

Blue temp sender unplugged. What do you mean? I'm running G40001...

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 08:47:35 am »
Procedure for setting the igntion timing involves unplugging the blue temp sender - some owners and garages aren't aware of this, so they try setting the ignition timing with the BTS still plugged in which means it all goes Pete Tong!

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 10:06:25 am »
yeah the first time i tried timing my gt engine that was in van, i didnt unplug the temp sender it was all over the place  ::)