Author Topic: UPDATED - Emissions on a post Aug-92 (K-reg) car?  (Read 6057 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: UPDATED - Emissions on a post Aug-92 (K-reg) car?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 09:26:34 am »
it's made even more complicated with an engine conversion where there is no proof of the age of the car the engine came out of, it seems in this case with the new computerised tests, you just do a really basic emissions test.  When mine was last done my tester did an old MGB after it and he said that had to pass a stricter gas test than mine did!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 01:59:38 pm »
My other 1.6 polo i have went for its MOT yesterday and passed on the exhausts emissions, without a CAT but failed on the CO2 emissions. I told the fella after i didnt have a CAT and he laughed saying, oh it passed the exhaust test! I thought it was a bit weird.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 02:10:04 pm »
it's made even more complicated with an engine conversion where there is no proof of the age of the car the engine came out of, it seems in this case with the new computerised tests, you just do a really basic emissions test.  When mine was last done my tester did an old MGB after it and he said that had to pass a stricter gas test than mine did!

its only done on the age of the engine when you can prove to the tester the age of it.  Therefore if you put a 1991 engine in a 2000 car, it will be tested under 2000 regs for the car, unless you can prove its from a 1991.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: Emissions on a post Aug-92 (K-reg) car?
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 08:10:44 pm »
UPDATE.

Not sure if anyone cares but I MOTed the car today and it actually failed on emissions.
So technically speaking a K-reg G40 will need a CAT to pass.  No surprise there I guess.

Anyway. On a more positive note the car was looking mint and after a 5 min chat with the MOT tester the fail turned into a pass.  What a top chap.  It'll be going there next year.

Cheers
Craig

What sort of figures did you achieve there Craig? I put mine in on the 18th and got 0.82%
 on CO with a 3.5 max and 178ppm on the HC with a 1200 max. No cat.

Offline superchargedpolo

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 09:52:25 pm »
I didn't actually ask to see the numbers themself.  There were a few people milling about the garage at the time, so I was just pleased to get a pass and get out of there.  Didn't fancy spending the best part of a day taking the PSD manifold and stainless system off to put the standard one back on again. Phew.

Craig