Author Topic: G40 in Motorsport  (Read 1268 times)

Offline racermoore

• Members
G40 in Motorsport
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »
Hi

Just wondered if there was anybody that might have some further information on the G40 Cup. I am a past Champion of the Super Coupe Cup, and actually ran a car right from the first race in the Championship. I would now dearly love to get hold of some literature relating to the Championship and the regulations as they were then for the series. I naturally have a huge amount of experiance with these cars over the years and have crashed rolled and smashed several. In fact I was responsible for the first ever rave being stopped at Brands Hatch following my departure into the barriers following a love tap from a fellow competitor.

So please if anybody has any old manuals from the series or indeed a copy of the build regs etc for the Championship I would be very pleased to hear from you.

Cheers

Willie

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: G40 in Motorsport
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:00:19 pm »
Hi, welcome to the forum.  Very nice to hear from another G40 Cup car racer, we have had a couple of you guys on here.  There is also Craig (G40Supercharged) who still races his Cup car.  Craig sent me this PDF which is a copy of the super coupe regs from 2005 but I suspect the G40 section wont have changed much since the old VW G40 Cup championship itself.

Willie, you are named as the winner of the 1995 season in the pdf!

http://derby.polog40.co.uk/~paul/supercoupe.pdf

Do you have any pictures from back in the day?  There are a couple of DVDs knocking about with old eurosport coverage of the G40 Cup but not sure about the Super Coupe Cup.

cheers,
Paul.

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »
Hi Willie!  You are a legend within G40 motorsport circles and the VLN!  Are you still racing in Germany?

Im sure Craig Winfield might have some brochures if not what about your nephew Johnny, or have you tried him already?

Paul

Offline G40motorsport

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »
I have various regs for the Super Coupe Cup which used the G40 Cup regs unchanged (as far as I know)

Willie your car was the bright Green car if I remember?